Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 11-23-2012, 03:58 AM   #16
paolog
Zealot
paolog can name that ebook in five wordspaolog can name that ebook in five wordspaolog can name that ebook in five wordspaolog can name that ebook in five wordspaolog can name that ebook in five wordspaolog can name that ebook in five wordspaolog can name that ebook in five wordspaolog can name that ebook in five wordspaolog can name that ebook in five wordspaolog can name that ebook in five wordspaolog can name that ebook in five words

Device: pocketbook touch 622
some newbie issue

hi there I'm a new owner of a 622 touch and a new member here.

I got it yesterday, but in the previuos day I 'studied' this forum.
I've a couple of issue, if they are.

I updated the firmware to the last one (not this rc)

to perform a backward page with gestures or button i've to tap/push twice. Once give a blanck screen. Is not boring, just to know.

I could'n find the calibration menu

Are these two things the same in this rc?

Thanks

Paolo
paolog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 05:05 AM   #17
troll05
Harmless idiot
troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB622, Nexus7, Sony PRS 350, Tolino und nur noch wenig toter Baum:(
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roddy View Post
I have some questions.
Some old PB 622 manuals I googled before the purchase mention "screen orientation rotate" gesture. But the manual I got with my Touch v3.2 does not and the gesture doesn't work on it as well.
Was it present in previous version? If yes, why has it been removed?
Does PB plan to restore it in new firmware?
Best regards.
I read about it once but never managed to do it, neither in old nor in the newer versions.
With the latest 4.0 I have enough buttons to spare, so I set rotation on "long press menu" instead of dictionary
troll05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 07:28 AM   #18
troll05
Harmless idiot
troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paolog View Post
hi there I'm a new owner of a 622 touch and a new member here.

I got it yesterday, but in the previuos day I 'studied' this forum.
I've a couple of issue, if they are.

I updated the firmware to the last one (not this rc)

to perform a backward page with gestures or button i've to tap/push twice. Once give a blanck screen. Is not boring, just to know.

I could'n find the calibration menu

Are these two things the same in this rc?

Thanks

Paolo
Hello and welcome

a little more information would be helpful. Is it a PDF that you are reading? In this case the mentioned behaviour is quite normal and will extend to the newest version as well.
Reading an epub file it sometimes takes a second tap if you have used the buttons before. I'm not sure but I guess the touch needs to be reawakened to save energy, but this is no confirmed information.

For the screen there is no calibration-menu because it is capacitive. Calibration is only necessary with resistive touchscreens.
Old 11-23-2012, 08:57 AM   #19
paolog
Zealot
paolog can name that ebook in five wordspaolog can name that ebook in five wordspaolog can name that ebook in five wordspaolog can name that ebook in five wordspaolog can name that ebook in five wordspaolog can name that ebook in five wordspaolog can name that ebook in five wordspaolog can name that ebook in five wordspaolog can name that ebook in five wordspaolog can name that ebook in five wordspaolog can name that ebook in five words

Quote:
Originally Posted by troll05 View Post
Hello and welcome

a little more information would be helpful. Is it a PDF that you are reading? In this case the mentioned behaviour is quite normal and will extend to the newest version as well.
Reading an epub file it sometimes takes a second tap if you have used the buttons before. I'm not sure but I guess the touch needs to be reawakened to save energy, but this is no confirmed information.

For the screen there is no calibration-menu because it is capacitive. Calibration is only necessary with resistive touchscreens.
Hi troll05

You guessed right, I was reading djvu files

As the difference capacitive/resistive, I'm absolutely ignorant, I was just testing all the features reported in the owner manual.

many thanks for the answers

Paolo
Old 11-27-2012, 04:30 AM   #20
Roddy
Roddy began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook 622 Touch
Quote:
For the 622 owners who already dared to try the new FW SIRSTEINER created a new Theme
Quote:
Invalid Attachment specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator
Does it not work only for me or the attachment is really missing?
Roddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 08:59 AM   #21
troll05
Harmless idiot

He updated the Post, here's the new theme.

And the last RC was made final version, available at Pocketbook
Attached Files
File Type: zip Crystal4.zip (214.6 KB, 240 views)
Old 11-27-2012, 01:41 PM   #22
paolog
Zealot

Quote:
He updated the Post, here's the new theme.

And the last RC was made final version, available at Pocketbook
upgraded successfully, is seems all is working ok

tried also crystal pbt, its ok too

edit: it seems left less ram (117 vs 128, if I right rem, but I'm not sure)

Last edited by paolog; 11-27-2012 at 04:51 PM.
Old 11-27-2012, 05:13 PM   #23
EbokJunkie
Addict
EbokJunkie can differentiate black from dark navy blueEbokJunkie can differentiate black from dark navy blueEbokJunkie can differentiate black from dark navy blueEbokJunkie can differentiate black from dark navy blueEbokJunkie can differentiate black from dark navy blueEbokJunkie can differentiate black from dark navy blueEbokJunkie can differentiate black from dark navy blueEbokJunkie can differentiate black from dark navy blueEbokJunkie can differentiate black from dark navy blueEbokJunkie can differentiate black from dark navy blueEbokJunkie can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle PW, Pocketbook 301+, Pocketbook Touch, Sony 950, 350
Roddy
Is it possible to obtain pbt of standard theme (used to be Contrast) for 4.0 firmware?
EbokJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 09:36 PM   #24
andwe
andwe began at the beginning.

Device: PB 622
Quote:
Originally Posted by paolog View Post
edit: it seems left less ram (117 vs 128, if I right rem, but I'm not sure)
You are right.Be sure.
andwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 02:46 AM   #25
Roddy
Roddy began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EbokJunkie View Post
Roddy
Is it possible to obtain pbt of standard theme (used to be Contrast) for 4.0 firmware?
Frankly, I have no idea, are you sure the question was to me?

Actually I abandoned firmware upgrade until the themes with easy profile switching are available.

Best regards.
Roddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 03:49 AM   #26
paolog
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by andwe View Post
You are right.Be sure.
another thing lost is the font size choice of the menu, even here if I right remember,

but there are also many many usability improvements
Old 12-11-2012, 03:44 AM   #27
paolog
Zealot

missed fuction

i'd like to point out that the new firmware miss the option hypenation on/off, so if you're reading something with wrong hypenation (I'm italian) that could became irritating

edit: that's a fault of adobereader, fbreader has that option...

Last edited by paolog; 12-11-2012 at 05:16 AM.
Old 12-30-2012, 11:12 AM   #28
de.einstein
de.einstein began at the beginning.

I'm very unhappy with the 4.0 FW Upgrade. I miss the menu for Read-to-Speech. For PDF I miss the menu for zoom in/out and I miss the Reflow function. Last but not least I don't see my SD stick anymore from the PC.
de.einstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 11:29 AM   #29
Billi
Wizard
Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook, iRex, PB, Onyx
Hallo de.einstein, welcome to MobileRead!

Falls ich Deinen Namen richtig interpretiere: Wir haben hier auch ein sehr aktives deutsches Pocketbook-Unterforum
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=212
in dem u.a. die letzte Firmware ausführlich diskutiert wird. Vielleicht findest Du dort Hilfe für Deine Probleme!
Billi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2013, 08:05 AM   #30
modelmark
modelmark began at the beginning.

new firmware

I updated my firmware on the 622 to version D611.4.4.430 and I can no longer connect to my wifi router. It claims there is a configuration error. I tried with and without password om my router.
It's not completely impossible to connect, as I can connect to a open network in the neighborhood. I tried different channels. Strength is very good.
modelmark is offline   Reply With Quote