Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 01-15-2010, 11:08 PM   #1
bornagainpenguin
bornagainpenguin began at the beginning.

Device: Nook HD+
Angry Hardy Heron 8.04.3 support?

Ubuntu Hardy Heron 8.04.3 (LTS) is intended to be the version of Ubuntu with long term support, hence the name. For various reasons I prefer it on my eeepc 901 for certain software that is broken in later versions of Ubuntu (Straw Feed Reader) and for the hardware support lacking in the last few releases of Ubuntu (infamous Fn+F2 hard crash bug) but so far I have been unable to install Calibre on this version of UBuntu without resorting to using Wine:

Does anyone know how I can get the eBook reader to run without resorting to using Wine for it?

Thanks!

--bornagainpenguin
bornagainpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 11:42 PM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by bornagainpenguin View Post
Does anyone know how I can get the eBook reader to run without resorting to using Wine for it?
I'm sorry I can't help you but there is an excellent epub reader addon for Firefox. After opening the epub file just hit F11 and you have full screen viewing of an epub on your Eee.

Not a solution, but it might help.

Good Luck

&
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 12:19 AM   #3
animedude01
Addict
animedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheese

Device: DR1000S, ILIAD2, Nokia n900, Kindle for PC, Astak EZReader Pro
Unfortunately I've upgraded to 9.10, but if you post your error message, someone may be able to help you better. You may just be missing some dependencies, but without the error message, no one can tell.
animedude01 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hardy heron, install failed, long term support, ubuntu 8.04, wine