Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Everything Audiobooks > Audiobook Discussions

Notices

Old 05-27-2016, 08:48 PM   #31
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synamon View Post
I don't have anything that's been requested yet, will keep checking back.

The City of Mirrors by Justin Cronin for me please.
Added to the list
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2016, 09:26 PM   #32
Synamon
Lunatic
Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite and Keyboard, Kobo Aura, iPad mini, iPod Touch
Not sure if this will help the process along, but here is a list some audiobooks I bought for my husband (mostly science fiction or fantasy) because they were mentioned or recommended on MobileRead. I haven't provided links since I presume people who would want to have any of these as their one and only free transfer would already be aware of the book or have it on a wishlist. PM me if you want one.

Dead Wake: The Last Crossing of the Lusitania
by Erik Lawson (non-fiction)
11-22-63 by Stephen King
The Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss, also the second book
Levianthan Wakes by James S. A. Corey
The Golem and the Jinni Helene Wecker
Stardust by Neil Gaiman
Steelheart by Brandon Sanderson
Synamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-03-2016, 02:50 AM   #33
melmac
Wizard
melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS650, Sony T3
Just checking the terms on this I can send as many books out to friends as I like but can only receive one in return correct?
melmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2016, 06:59 AM   #34
ApK
Award-Winning Participant
ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by melmac View Post
Just checking the terms on this I can send as many books out to friends as I like but can only receive one in return correct?
Despite the name, don't think of it as "sending," think of it as "suggesting."
You, and any member, can suggest as much as you want to anyone.
You, and any member, can choose exactly ONE book that is suggested to you to get for free.

ApK

Last edited by ApK; 06-03-2016 at 07:06 AM.
ApK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2016, 07:29 AM   #35
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Oasis 2, PW3, PW1, KT
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApK View Post
You, and any member, can choose exactly ONE book that is suggested to you to get for free.

ApK
That is a good way to put it into words.
DuckieTigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-03-2016, 07:35 AM   #36
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by melmac View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApK View Post
Note: US customers only -- see T&C for details
Old 06-04-2016, 08:18 AM   #37
melmac
Wizard
melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS650, Sony T3
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Note: US customers only -- see T&C for details
Thanks for the reminder Tubemonkey I am indeed from the land downumder however i run two audible accounts one Aussie one US
melmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2016, 12:45 PM   #38
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

WARNING -- There's a discussion going on in the Audiobook Deals thread about some very misleading promos involving the "Send this Book" feature. Start with post 1374:

EDIT: Tom has amended his blog post to include the following statement (in bold below). I appreciate the update and hope this avoids any confusion from here on out - thanks

Quote:
Warning Concerning Free Audiobooks from Authors

Several authors/narrators are promoting free audiobooks during the June Is Audiobook Month campaign, claiming that they're working in conjunction with Audible to give you one of their audiobooks for free.

What you're not being told is that if you accept this offer, you're using up your one and only free selection from the Send this Book (aka OneBook) feature.

This is flat out misrepresentation, if not worse! So be wary before accepting any book from an author for review that doesn't come with a code or as a gift.

Here is one such offer from Tom Abrahams. Offers are also being cross posted all over Facebook.

Quote:
"FREE AUDIOBOOKS...SERIOUSLY...FREE
There isn't much that's free in this world. But this month, AUDIOBOOK MONTH, fantastic narrator and talented audiobook producer Kevin Pierce is working in conjunction with Audible to give you one free audiobook. THIS IS A PART OF AUDIBLE'S NEW SEND THIS BOOK FEATURE. It allows you to choose one FREE book from a friend without joining Audible's monthly service.

You can pick any of the books listed below. All of them are narrated by Kevin and all of them are written by wonderfully talented authors.

Pick one by clicking on the cover you like. Enjoy. Then please leave a review.

And if you haven't gotten a chance, please check out my newly redesigned website.

Happy audiobook month."

Last edited by tubemonkey; 06-05-2016 at 08:40 PM.
Old 06-04-2016, 02:35 PM   #39
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
My first inclination was to think Audible is blameless here, but what kind of system did they set up that is so easily scammed by these lowlifes?
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2016, 05:43 PM   #40
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
If anyone wants it I have The Hating Game by Sally Thorne available. I wasted a credit on it but maybe someone out there is interested in it.

The narrator is very good.

Sent from my XT1528
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2016, 03:17 PM   #41
ApK
ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

<never mind, thanks!>

ApK

Last edited by ApK; 11-29-2016 at 04:09 PM.
Old 07-01-2017, 01:04 PM   #42
Laurablue
Connoisseur
Laurablue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laurablue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laurablue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laurablue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laurablue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laurablue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laurablue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laurablue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laurablue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laurablue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laurablue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, Kobo Arc, Sansa Clip Zip, Sansa Fuze+
I'd like to try receiving my free book. Does anyone have The Silmarillion in their library?
ETA: I have the book now ��

Last edited by Laurablue; 10-10-2017 at 10:03 PM. Reason: Request granted :)
Laurablue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2017, 01:23 PM   #43
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurablue View Post
I'd like to try receiving my free book. Does anyone have The Silmarillion in their library?
Audible.com (US) only carries the German version. The English version is geo-restricted.
Quote:
We're sorry. Due to publishing rights restrictions, we are not authorized to sell this item in the country where you live.
Note: 'Send this Book' is for US customers only -- see T&C for details

Last edited by tubemonkey; 07-01-2017 at 01:41 PM.
Old 07-07-2017, 01:57 PM   #44
Laurablue
Connoisseur
Laurablue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laurablue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laurablue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laurablue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laurablue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laurablue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laurablue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laurablue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laurablue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laurablue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laurablue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, Kobo Arc, Sansa Clip Zip, Sansa Fuze+
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Audible.com (US) only carries the German version. The English version is geo-restricted.

Note: 'Send this Book' is for US customers only -- see T&C for details

Send a book has been available to me for several months. I can access it through the iOS app and each time I finish a book I get a prompt asking me if I want to send it to a friend. Looks like their website needs an update.
Laurablue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 02:50 PM   #45
ApK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurablue View Post
Send a book has been available to me for several months. I can access it through the iOS app and each time I finish a book I get a prompt asking me if I want to send it to a friend. Looks like their website needs an update.
You don't list a location, so I can only assume you are implying that you don't live in the US?

Anyway...the ability to send a recommendation is not restricted to the US, but the program for the recipient to get one recommended book for free is. Or was. Pretty sure still is.