Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Workshop

Notices

Old 06-05-2008, 04:30 PM   #1
Ektoplasma
Ektoplasma began at the beginning.

Device: ILIAD Book Edition
PDF drives me crazy!

What is wrong with my PDF conversion?

When I use the ILIAD word template (124x152) to create my EBooks and try to convert them to a PDF file it always resizes into a A4 pdf document. I have done everything the I am told as far as the adjustments with the PDFCreator are concerned but still it does not work out for me!

This is driving me crazy!

Please help!
Ektoplasma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 02:54 AM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
bump!
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-17-2008, 10:40 AM   #3
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle and iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ektoplasma View Post
What is wrong with my PDF conversion?

When I use the ILIAD word template (124x152) to create my EBooks and try to convert them to a PDF file it always resizes into a A4 pdf document. I have done everything the I am told as far as the adjustments with the PDFCreator are concerned but still it does not work out for me!

This is driving me crazy!

Please help!
If you can tell me where I can get both the template and the PDF creator program, I will see if I can replicate (and hopefully find a solution for) your problem.
RickyMaveety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 09:04 PM   #4
akiburis
Connoisseur
akiburis will become famous soon enoughakiburis will become famous soon enoughakiburis will become famous soon enoughakiburis will become famous soon enoughakiburis will become famous soon enoughakiburis will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony PRS-505, iLiad Book Edition
Quote:
I had a very similar difficulty when I was trying to make PDFs formatted for the Sony Realer with Word and PDFCreator. When I specified a custom page size in Word, whatever I did, when I printed to PDF with PDFCreator, a lettersize PDF was produced. I never got this to work right, and I am no longer using PDFCreator, so I can't answer your question exactly, but I have a suggestion that may help.

Though I couldn't get PDFCreator to properly output a custom page size, I did find that when I selected one of the predefined standard paper sizes (A4, A5, A6, etc) from the menu in the Word page setup dialog box (and then in the print dialog box when printing to PDFCreator) a PDF of that size was produced--the problem seemed to exist only when I was trying to get PDFCreator to render a custom, not standard, page size. Of the standard paper sizes, A6, which is 105 x 148 mm, seems closest to the actual display size of the iLiad, and having recently got an iLiad, I find that it displays A6 PDFs very nicely. So if you can't find out how to get PDFCreator to render your custom page size, you could try to make A6 PDFs. That might work for you.
akiburis is offline   Reply With Quote