Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 09-04-2009, 08:51 AM   #91
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
Originally Posted by badgoodDeb View Post
Yes. Let us know how it turns out.

Hey, for step #13, 27, and 91 .... i have just the thing. Let me pull out my inflatable kayak. Haven't tried it out yet, but clearly this would be just the trip to use it!
Hey, I want to have one of those!
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 09:41 AM   #92
Mindy
Away with the Faeries
Mindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipse

Device: Sony PRS 650
Well, since most people are keen on their own area (who says familiarity breeds contempt?) and London seems to be garnering some interest, I'd like to bring Edinburgh to the fore as a possible alternative, with the Book Festival being an obvious pull for forumites if we timed it around then.
It's a city, with a castle and a big hill for climbing right in the middle (Arthur's Seat), with lots of countryside round about, Ghost Tours and Mary King's Close and Greyfriars Churchyard etc. Also, the whole of the rest of Scotland!
Can't promise sunshine-y weather, but although slightly colder than London the chance of inclemency can't be too far off.
Just thought I'd chuck it in the mix...
Mindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 10:26 AM   #93
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindy View Post
Well, since most people are keen on their own area (who says familiarity breeds contempt?) and London seems to be garnering some interest, I'd like to bring Edinburgh to the fore as a possible alternative, with the Book Festival being an obvious pull for forumites if we timed it around then.
Hmmm, Scotland... Always wanted to go there... The fact that people drive on the wrong side of the road is what stopped me so far.
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 01:27 PM   #94
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User
yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone8, iPad Air
An other idea. Could our meetup become a subforum of Worldcon? And use their hosts and time frame?
yvanleterrible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 01:40 PM   #95
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivaldirules View Post
Well, good thing you're carrying that roundy thing instead of your usual sharp-as-a-montsnmags-comeback sword today, Deb. We wouldn't want a catastrophe at sea on our hands.
Unfortunately, the roundy thing is sharp all around, too. I throw it like a frisbee --- and it always caroms off enough edges to return to my hand! Um, somehow my hand never gets cut, though. Must be magic. Yeah, that's it.
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 01:46 PM   #96
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Edinburgh sounds perfect to me ..... I was just thinking a day or two ago, about how I oughta go there!
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 01:55 PM   #97
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
Oooo, Edinburgh! Never been. And it's close enough to ICELAND! and PORTGUAL! and GERMANY! (never been those places either) for me. So, Mindy and Geoff are the hosts? And maybe LazyScot, if he'll get his lazy butt off the couch and get back to.....laying around? (doggie heads to montsnmagsenterprises.com to book flight)
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 01:57 PM   #98
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Quote:
Oooo, Edinburgh! Never been. And it's close enough to ICELAND! and PORTGUAL! and GERMANY! (never been those places either) for me. So, Mindy and Geoff are the hosts? And maybe LazyScot, if he'll get his lazy butt off the couch and get back to.....laying around? (doggie heads to montsnmagsenterprises.com to book flight)
Yeah, the last time I booked through Montsnmags Enterprises, I ended up three years ago at LunaBase III and my luggage took a vacation on Betelgeuse.
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 02:00 PM   #99
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pshrynk View Post
Yeah, the last time I booked through Montsnmags Enterprises, I ended up three years ago at LunaBase III and my luggage took a vacation on Betelgeuse.
Cool! And did they serve you a meal on the flight or was it just one of those little bags of pretzels or garlic "chips"?
Old 09-04-2009, 02:00 PM   #100
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User
yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Ever been out of Texas?
Old 09-04-2009, 02:02 PM   #101
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User

Silly me... Mexico and Cuba and Panama ... of course!
Old 09-04-2009, 02:02 PM   #102
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?

Me? I'm a worldly dog. Been everywhere and seen everything (nearly).
Old 09-04-2009, 02:03 PM   #103
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User

Say, why are you always on invisible mode?
Old 09-04-2009, 02:05 PM   #104
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?

So I can't be seen (caught)? There's a big bounty on my little forehead after that last.......well, never mind. Ask pshwynkies.
Old 09-04-2009, 02:06 PM   #105
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User

Any thing to do with the Snacker of Worlds ?