Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 07-12-2012, 03:52 PM   #46
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Now that /dev/mmcblk0p3 was zeroed, try repeating the debricking procedure. Use the 4.0 kernel and main partitions (which are known to work). If it still will not boot then, try booting main with MfgTool. No need to zero /dev/mmcblk0p3 again. In an extreme case, you might also need to zero your /dev/mmcblk0p4 (the USB drive) too, but back up anything you want to keep first by exporting USB from diags.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 04:02 PM   #47
evergamer
Enthusiast
evergamer began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekmaster View Post
Now that /dev/mmcblk0p3 was zeroed, try repeating the debricking procedure. Use the 4.0 kernel and main partitions (which are known to work). If it still will not boot then, try booting main with MfgTool. No need to zero /dev/mmcblk0p3 again. In an extreme case, you might also need to zero your /dev/mmcblk0p4 (the USB drive) too, but back up anything you want to keep first by exporting USB from diags.
Will try now. Just so I know I am downloading the correct 3 files, which of these do I need to grab?

K4 main images:
kernel 4.0.0:
kernel 4.0.0:
mmcblk0p1 4.0.0:
mmcblk0p1 4.0.0:

kernel 4.0.1:
kernel 4.0.1:
mmcblk0p1 4.0.1:
mmcblk0p1 4.0.1:

K4 diags images:
diags_kernel 4.0.0:
diags_kernel 4.0.0:
mmcblk0p2 4.0.0:

diags_kernel 4.0.1:
mmcblk0p2 4.0.1:
mmcblk0p2 4.0.x:

Last edited by evergamer; 07-12-2012 at 04:32 PM.
evergamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 04:30 PM   #48
geekmaster
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by evergamer View Post
Will try now. Just so I know I am downloading the correct 3 files, which of these do I need to grab?
Posting URLs to "forensic images" is not allowed in this forum. That is why we interpose a pastebin page with unclickable URLs. Please erase the part following http:// in all of them...

Any of the 4.0.0 forensic images should work. You need a "kernel 4.0.0" and a "mmcblk0p1 4.0.0" and "diags_kernel 4.0.0", and I think you need "mmcblk0p2 4.0.x". I think that the "x" meant the kernel was the same for all 4.0.x partitions.

Last edited by geekmaster; 07-12-2012 at 04:46 PM.
Old 07-12-2012, 04:36 PM   #49
evergamer
Enthusiast

My bad, I didn't know that. They've been removed.

It seems the 4.0.X img is what did the trick. I used the same kernel and diag from before, but I used the 4.0.X download which contained a .bin instead of a .img file. Changed the command to reflect that and it worked! My kindle is running properly as I type this.

Seriously, thank you all so much for the help.
Old 07-12-2012, 04:47 PM   #50
geekmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by evergamer View Post
My bad, I didn't know that. They've been removed.

It seems the 4.0.X img is what did the trick. I used the same kernel and diag from before, but I used the 4.0.X download which contained a .bin instead of a .img file. Changed the command to reflect that and it worked! My kindle is running properly as I type this.

Seriously, thank you all so much for the help.
I added your "success report" to "the list".
Old 07-12-2012, 04:50 PM   #51
evergamer
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by geekmaster View Post
I added your "success report" to "the list".
Sounds good.

Now I just need to restore the original screensavers and it will be completely back to stock. Thanks again!
Old 07-12-2012, 04:52 PM   #52
geekmaster

I also relabelled the 4.0.x image description to 4.0.0 and moved it to the 4.0.0 group, just to make it more clear.
Old 08-05-2012, 07:24 AM   #53
chenk
chenk began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 4
I got the same problem with my kindle 4, and where can I download those files? Thanks.
chenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 10:53 AM   #54
geekmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by chenk View Post
I got the same problem with my kindle 4, and where can I download those files? Thanks.
"Simple Debricking" sticky thread, first post, "Forensic Images" pastebin. The ones hosted at gitbrew are offline for the next two weeks, so use other ones.