Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Fictionwise eBookwise

Notices

Old 11-04-2008, 07:17 PM   #1
askyn
Addict
askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (11th Gen)
Help connecting reb1200 to server and upgradeing firmware

Hi all /wave

me again =)

I like my ebook1150 so much I wanted to get one for my wife.

I decided to try out the reb1200 tho instead ( cheap price on ebay etc ), because its in color and has a larger screen for her to use.

Well, ive recieved it in the mail and it powers up just fine. I have my ethernet cable and charge etc.

BUT it currently has Firmware version 2.3 and its my understanding that I should have version 3.3 from the Reb for Dummys site ( http://www.chromakinetics.com/REB1200/FAQ.htm )

My problem is that I cannt seem to get it to connect at all out side of its self. I cannt get it to see my PC ( using Impserv ) nor connect to were ever it wants to connect to see its default online bookshelf / upgrade area.

Any help and suggestions would be VERY greatfull !

Note: Ive tried to configure the connection on it as follows:

Ran ipconfig on my pc and came up with a IP address of: 192.168.0.101

I entered this number in the HTTP proxy area and the numer 9090 in the http proxy port area

It wont connect using that information =(
askyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 07:51 PM   #2
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
Upgrading REB1200 Firmware V2.0/2.3 to V3.3/4.2f22

Sorry to hear of your woes! But without firmware v3.3 or greater, you will have these problems.

I went through the same thing with my second (spare) REB1200 as discussed in this post.

BTW, to read a .imp ebook right now, try using unimp.exe to create the '.res folder' and move that folder to the CF card (using your PC's card reader), into the 'softbks' directory there.

Last edited by nrapallo; 11-04-2008 at 07:54 PM.
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert