Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 05-10-2013, 01:36 PM   #1
Qwentor
Qwentor , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Qwentor , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Qwentor , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Qwentor , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Qwentor , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Qwentor , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Qwentor , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Qwentor , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Qwentor , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Qwentor , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Qwentor , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Amazon Kindle Touch
How disable OTA update for Kindle Touch with firmware 5.1.2?

I found this, but this instruction for 5.0.4
Qwentor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 02:25 PM   #2
Qwentor
Qwentor , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Qwentor , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Qwentor , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Qwentor , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Qwentor , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Qwentor , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Qwentor , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Qwentor , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Qwentor , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Qwentor , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Qwentor , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

/fix How to disable
Why I can't edit my post?
Old 05-10-2013, 02:30 PM   #3
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Probably because you're not clicking on EDIT.

Also, if you have an issue with something, click on the little button to the right of KARMA, and report what the problem is. (This is called the REPORT button.) That is all you need to do if you wish to get the attention of a moderator when you are having difficulties.

Do NOT create duplicate threads/posts. We consider this spam.

Don
(Moderator)

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 05-10-2013 at 02:34 PM.
Dr. Drib is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 04:59 PM   #4
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwentor View Post
I found this, but this instruction for 5.0.4
Install the KUAL launcher ;
Install the KUAL.firewall - leave the BBB (Block Big Brother) filter enabled ;
Install the KUAL.backdoor-lock (if it supports your device).

Ah - all to be found in the KUAL sticky thread.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 03:33 AM   #5
Qwentor

Thanks!
But where can I find the version number on my Kindle?
Old 05-11-2013, 05:05 AM   #6
Jeanphi
Jeanphi is a splendid one to beholdJeanphi is a splendid one to beholdJeanphi is a splendid one to beholdJeanphi is a splendid one to beholdJeanphi is a splendid one to beholdJeanphi is a splendid one to beholdJeanphi is a splendid one to beholdJeanphi is a splendid one to beholdJeanphi is a splendid one to beholdJeanphi is a splendid one to beholdJeanphi is a splendid one to behold

Device: Former user of ZX81. Kindle e ink
I would say:

On the home page: Menu, then Settings, then menu again, then device info.

Jeanphi
Jeanphi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 07:56 AM   #7
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeanphi View Post
I would say:

On the home page: Menu, then Settings, then menu again, then device info.

Jeanphi
Which you should be able to translate to our model terminology with this page:
https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Kindle_Serial_Numbers
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 06:02 AM   #8
Qwentor

In Device Info I see only firmware version.
I want to ask about this
What does "Version 7.0 or later" mean? Where can I find this number?
Old 05-12-2013, 06:08 AM   #9
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwentor View Post
In Device Info I see only firmware version.
I want to ask about this
What does "Version 7.0 or later" mean? Where can I find this number?
It's the version of the backdoorlock hack, not the Firmware. Currently it seems to be at version 9, according to the "upstream" post.
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 06:19 AM   #10
Qwentor

Thanks!