Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 03-12-2007, 09:32 PM   #31
nevsf
nevsf began at the beginning.

Device: Sony eReader
Sorry, I wasn't clear.

If I hit "Test" then the LRF file gets created (I have it set to produce LRF files). If I hit "Go!" then nothing is created - I just get the dialog box. Yes, I can close it - but there is no file created and no transaction log.

(BTW, thanks for creating this SW! I'm awed by people like you putting time and energy into the noble cause of making mobile readers work!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by geekraver
I'm not sure what you mean. You can manually close the log window. Is it just the presence of the window that is bothering you?
nevsf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 03:11 AM   #32
geekraver
Addict
geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini,Kindle Paperwhite
Weird; I'm not seeing this myself. It takes a while to do each conversion but it does complete.
geekraver is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-14-2007, 04:46 AM   #33
dhbailey
Guru
dhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enough

Device: HP iPAQ211 / PRS 500, 700 and 505
How long is "a while?"

I, too, have gotten the Log window and then it seems that nothing is happening. The Log Window never updates and the process never seems to complete.

I'm on WinXPPro,sp2, all updates.
dhbailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 02:12 AM   #34
geekraver
Addict
geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Is this only with LRF output?

See if you have a c:\debug.txt file and post the content here.
Old 03-15-2007, 05:34 AM   #35
dhbailey
Guru
dhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enough

Here is the content of the debug.txt file:

Setting title to
Setting author to
Setting output file to c:\Windows\Temp\gut-.lrf
Setting design file
Creating new book
Adding content file file://c:/Windows/Temp/gut-.htm

Having seen the contents of this file, I decided to look in the folder indictated in the output file line, and lo and behold, there the file is! Complete with all the graphics embedded, a terrific job!

So then my question is: How can I get more meaningful output, with a more meaningful name and have it placed in a folder of my choice?

Looking at the output, I can only say "Well done! Thank you!"

Now I have to get on and figure out the rest.

Update (a few minutes later): It's working, it's working! Now to figure out how to get a more meaningful file name out of the newly created lrf file.

Thank you for your patience and thank you for this wonderful tool!!!!!!!

Last edited by dhbailey; 03-15-2007 at 06:16 AM.
Advert
Old 03-15-2007, 08:27 PM   #36
geekraver
Addict

The name is based off the name field for the entry. Each entry of each type (rss, web, Gutenberg, etc) starts with a prefix (rss-, web-, gut-) followed by the individual entry's name. From what you posted above it looks like you didn't enter anything for the name.
Old 03-16-2007, 05:10 AM   #37
dhbailey
Guru

Yes, I realized that, and now am happily using it to convert books.

I did run into one Gutenberg book which would not convert at all (resulted in a "this program has encountered an error and must close"), and I have run into another web-site where a hymn book didn't convert properly -- only every other page would convert (it's heavily graphics laden) (levels set to 2) but when I set the levels to 3 or 4 it gave me a log readout with lots of stuff I don't understand. Looking at it, it had been able to convert the even-numbered pages (the left-hand ones) but ended up showing just links for the odd-numbered pages.

But it is working very well for almost everything I am trying it on, and am thrilled that you have made this great tool available!
Old 03-16-2007, 04:00 PM   #38
dhbailey
Guru

I am still running into occasional web pages where if I leave the depth set at 1 all I end up with is the original page (no linked pages) but if I set the depth to 2 or 3 I get error messages in the log and no lrf file. Which is curious because when I physically click on the links of the web-page, they go right to where they're supposed to go.
Old 03-31-2007, 07:35 PM   #39
fritz_the_blank
fritz_the_blank began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-500
Outlook RSS Support

Dear GeekRaver--

You asked if there would be any interest in an Outlook plugin. If it were possible that it would grab the RSS feed and the content of the included link, I would find that very useful.

Thank you once again for all of your fine work.

FtB
fritz_the_blank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 12:41 PM   #40
pclewis
Enthusiast
pclewis is less competitive than you.pclewis is less competitive than you.pclewis is less competitive than you.pclewis is less competitive than you.pclewis is less competitive than you.pclewis is less competitive than you.pclewis is less competitive than you.pclewis is less competitive than you.pclewis is less competitive than you.pclewis is less competitive than you.pclewis is less competitive than you.

Device: Kobo Aura One
Vista LRF Crash

Hi Geekraver:

I upgraded to 2.4 from 2.3 on a Vista Machine. When I try to do a RSS to LRF I get a crash of Web2Book. I turned off direct sycn directely to the reader, and a file is generated in HTM even though I set LRF. This file reads using the browser. I assume you must download .htm and convert to LRF. I assume this is where the crash is. I went back and tested 2.3 and it also makes a HTM when set to LRF, however, it does not crash.

When I use RTF, all is well. So, what do you think? Thought you might want to know.

Phil
pclewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 12:16 PM   #41
^_Pepe_^
Enthusiast
^_Pepe_^ began at the beginning.

Device: Sony eBook reader PRS-505 / iLiad
Hi.

Fantastic tool!

I just wonder if you could add multi-idiom wikipedia search for any next version.

Thanks!
^_Pepe_^
^_Pepe_^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 05:51 AM   #42
pubolab
pubolab began at the beginning.

Device: CASIO pocket viewer S1600, Sony PRS-505 and Cybook Gen 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by bugsbunny14 View Post
the link is above , in the first line .

http://www.geekraver.com/Web2BookSetup.msi
Can not connect to this link. Is the server down?
pubolab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 06:58 AM   #43
kiermel
Enthusiast
kiermel began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch, iPad, iPhone
This only works in Windows.
And Mac?
kiermel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 08:07 AM   #44
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by pubolab View Post
Can not connect to this link. Is the server down?
You don't need this anyway. Calibre will do the same thing.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 08:07 PM   #45
geekraver
Addict

Probably of little interest anymore except academically thanks to Kovid et al's great work but I put the source code for web2book on github recently when I was cleaning up my hard drive. https://github.com/gramster/web2book