Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 12-27-2017, 01:12 PM   #1
Ricky D'Angelo
Fanatic
Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1, PRS-T-2, PRS 350, PRS 950; Kobo Mini; Kindle PW3, Fire 10
Reading Time per day

How much time per day do you spend reading per day? For me, it's probably less than an hour per day. I would like to read more but either due to distractions/internet or exhaustion after work keeps me from sitting down and reading a good book. However, when I'm in an exhausted state I find it easy to surf the internet for hours watching youtube videos, looking at different forums or checking twitter/facebook for some reasons. My new years resolution will be to increase my reading time per day because I've never felt like I wasted my time after spending time reading.
Ricky D'Angelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2017, 01:20 PM   #2
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky D'Angelo View Post
How much time per day do you spend reading per day? For me, it's probably less than an hour per day. I would like to read more but either due to distractions/internet or exhaustion after work keeps me from sitting down and reading a good book. However, when I'm in an exhausted state I find it easy to surf the internet for hours watching youtube videos, looking at different forums or checking twitter/facebook for some reasons. My new years resolution will be to increase my reading time per day because I've never felt like I wasted my time after spending time reading.
Per day, I spend an hour and a half or so reading per day.

I read on my breaks (15 minutes a pop) and my lunch (usually half an hour or so once I've actually eaten lunch) and if I don't stay up too late being distracted by the internet or movies, I try to read some before I conk out at night
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-27-2017, 01:30 PM   #3
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
It varies. Usually an hour, sometimes two. Then there are some days I don't read at all, but there aren't very many of those.
Sirtel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2017, 01:37 PM   #4
dwig
Wizard
dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Current:Surface Go & Kindle 3 - Retired: DellV8p, Clie UX50, ...
It varies, but generally between 0hrs and 2hrs with any one reading session rarely longer than 1hr. I probably only read 3-4 days per week.
dwig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2017, 01:38 PM   #5
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky D'Angelo View Post
It varies. Some days none and some days hours. It just depends on what I am doing.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-27-2017, 01:38 PM   #6
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
I read anytime I want to, as long as it doesn't interfere with the laundry, washing dishes, waking up my son for school, getting his clothes ready for the day, making breakfast, taking him to school, bringing him home from school, making certain he takes a shower every day (especially in the summer), preparing an already-cooked dinner for him, doing the dishes whenever that is needed (again!), making sure he brushes his teeth, and then the two us reading in bed together for 30 minutes until it is time for his bedtime.

When I was single, however, there was always a problem in finding time to read, since I was constantly bothered by the women I had over. I figured the only solution was to marry someone.

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 12-27-2017 at 02:34 PM.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2017, 01:53 PM   #7
astrangerhere
Professor of Law
astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Elipsa, Kobo Libra H20, Kobo Aura One, KoboMini
I use an app to track my reading time. According to the report that I've just run, I have spent 343 hours and 26 minutes reading (including the 20 minutes today). That averages out to just under an hour a day. Usually, my wife and I spend at least two full evenings a week reading (3+ hours each sitting), and then I read when I can all the rest of the time.

That 343 hours does not represent any time reading via audiobook (that argument is in another thread) or time spent reading things on the web.
astrangerhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2017, 02:37 PM   #8
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Wow. I thought everyone here read WAY more than I did!
Old 12-27-2017, 02:49 PM   #9
Deskisamess
Wizard
Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 7+, iPad mini, 2021 iPad Pro 12.9",Paperwhite 6.8"
I would guess that I read on average 90 minutes per day, more on some days. I do a lot of online reading throughout the day that most likely bumps my total to 2 hours or more.

On days that I use the treadmill, I get a minimum of 40 minutes of reading on my Oasis. That is generally 5 days a week.
Deskisamess is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2017, 03:41 PM   #10
sealbeater
Banned
sealbeater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sealbeater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sealbeater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sealbeater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sealbeater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sealbeater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sealbeater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sealbeater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sealbeater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sealbeater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sealbeater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505 : Onyx Boox Max : Sony PRS-900 : Onyx Kepler Pro
About 3 to 4 hours a day. Lunch + commute.
sealbeater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2017, 04:14 PM   #11
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodWallop View Post
Wow. I thought everyone here read WAY more than I did!
I would love to. But there's the job and the household chores and the cats and Netflix and Mobileread and...

There's just not enough hours in an average day.
Sirtel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2017, 04:34 PM   #12
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Last couple months? Probably averaging about three or four hours a day – some days six or seven hours. The ten months before? ... very little. Probably an average of 10 to 15 minutes a day (if that).

Last edited by rcentros; 12-27-2017 at 04:44 PM.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2017, 04:43 PM   #13
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtel View Post
I would love to. But there's the job and the household chores and the cats and Netflix and Mobileread and...

There's just not enough hours in an average day.
And Mobileread. Oh you said that already.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2017, 04:54 PM   #14
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcentros View Post
Last couple months? Probably averaging about three or four hours a day – some days six or seven hours.
I think I'm starting to see why those lighted screens bother your eyes
Old 12-27-2017, 06:12 PM   #15
Apache
Readaholic
Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Surface Pro 6 / Galaxy Tab A 8"
My reading time can vary a lot. During Christmas and other holidays I have less time to read. I read anytime I have any spare time. When I eat alone I read. Back when computers were slow it did not bother me much. I would read while programs or internet pages were loading. I kind of miss that.
Apache
Apache is offline   Reply With Quote