Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 12-14-2008, 03:55 AM   #181
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by readdiction View Post
I just need a few clarifications though -
1) Does the difference of 4 gray scales make much of a difference?? I saw a youtube video comparing the prs-500 and prs-505 and the latter had better contrast. But, the prs-500 didn't have a Vizplex screen apparently? So, honestly speaking, is there a difference?!
Zero difference for text; a small difference for photographs. The better contrast is because it's a 2nd generation Vizplex screen and has nothing to do with the number of grey-scales. The actual screen on the Sony and the Gen3 is identical - the difference lies in the controller.

Quote:
2) I've read a few contradictory reviews about the battery life. Can it last 8000 page turns (which is more than the Sony) or does it in fact last less?
"Page turns" is a meaningless measure. Both the Sony and the Gen3 have long battery lives. Which will be "longer" depends entirely how you use the machine.

Quote:
3) I have a lot of ebooks, and when I say a lot - I really mean over a 1000 ebooks. I know I won't be able to put all on it, and I wouldn't want to anyway, but just how many can I put in my Cybook without it being utterly slow? Plus, how does this effect browsing for books? There is no file system for the Cybook as of yet, right? whereas Sony has 'Collections' which is some sort of file/folder organization for books.
Of course there's a "file system" - it uses the FAT32 file system. You couldn't put books on it if it didn't have a file system! What it doesn't have is a visible display of folders - the file list is "flat". I have about 300 books on my Gen3 at present; that's probably at the upper end of what's comfortable to navigate.
Old 12-18-2008, 10:24 AM   #182
readdiction
voracious reader
readdiction began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook Gen 3
its finally here ... and so fragile. It looks amazing though ... I'll go youtube a review after I've used it awhile.

No regrets.
Old 12-18-2008, 01:49 PM   #183
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650 & 505 & 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by readdiction View Post
its finally here ... and so fragile. It looks amazing though ... I'll go youtube a review after I've used it awhile.

No regrets.
Enjoy your new toy
Old 12-18-2008, 06:29 PM   #184
DDHarriman
Guru
DDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura about

Device: Cybook Gen3, Sony PRS 505, Kindle DXG and Samsung Galaxy Note
Now wait until you use it! It's ten times a better option then!

Do not let be frightened by the “fragile” look, It’s a really resilient little guy who will deliver outstanding good reading experience!
(here 11 months of fun and counting)
Old 12-19-2008, 03:50 AM   #185
Mindy
Away with the Faeries
Mindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipse

Device: Sony PRS 650
Yup, I still love mine and while I haven't done anything too traumatic too it, it's had a few (accidental) bumps with no effect.
Happy Reading!
Old 12-19-2008, 05:35 AM   #186
pthwaite
Fanatic
pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: DR1000S Sony PRS505 iPad iPhone
Excellent bit of kit. The use of fonts is very good as I can read it without my glasses if necessary.
Now just add in a couple of things and I'd be in seventh heaven
Old 12-19-2008, 07:35 AM   #187
Skyrunner
Skyrunner began at the beginning.

Device: My eyes
I've just ordered mine. I'm from Spain, but my girlfriend is living in the UK and she'll forward it to me.

I can't wait!

PS: The GBP>Euro exchange rate has been of great help
Old 12-19-2008, 12:26 PM   #188
Mark0
Mark0 began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyrunner View Post
PS: The GBP>Euro exchange rate has been of great help
Absolutely! Same thing that convinced me to make the order!

Bye!
Old 12-26-2008, 05:08 PM   #189
alll87
alll87 began at the beginning.

Device: none
hopefully it drop as much as posible!!
Old 12-28-2008, 09:07 AM   #190
ylefox
gadget freak
ylefox has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ylefox has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ylefox has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ylefox has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: cybook gen3 +palm tungsten e,e2,tablet pc
just bought one yesterday from whs £176.21
looking forward to using the cybook
Old 01-03-2009, 09:29 PM   #191
Mark0
Mark0 began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook
Just received my Cybook, witch is also my first eBook reader ever.
First impressions are very good. The device is incredibly thing and light, and the eInk screen seems a bit "magical" compared to usual PC & portable screens.

One thing to note: the cover included in the W.H. Smith's offer is very, very nice! It fit the device perfectly and provide an adequate protection.

At that price, and considering the current Euro / GBP ratio, it seems a no brainer!

Bye!

Last edited by Mark0; 01-03-2009 at 09:32 PM.
Old 01-28-2009, 06:29 AM   #192
shane
shane is on a distinguished road

Device: Booken Cybook Gen3
I ordered one from WHS smith a month ago, and it was shipped last week. I got it for £176, but now prices have gone to £195.
Old 01-29-2009, 02:49 AM   #193
anahid
Connoisseur
anahid began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook gen3 + Kindle 3
I've also seen it, I think the reason for this might be that the pount has gone down quite a lot since last month, almost 20 (euro) cents per pound.
Closed Thread