bauerhjb began at the beginning.

Device: laptop, netbook, LG & Nextus tablets - Window 10, 8.1, 7,
Editor toolbar button change request?

Editor has four icons/buttons that all look very similiar:

- Import an HTML or DOCX file
- Add cover
- Create new, empty book
- Create checkpoint

(all are "book shaped"; all are brown colored)

It would be really helpful if they were a little different from each other, perhaps just different colors. I use the editor almost daily and this one little thing would make things much easier. Thanks for considering this.
bauerhjb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2014, 05:13 PM   #2
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
@bauerhjb ; You can roll your own icons see Drop-in Icon Replacement Sets

Extensive library of icons here Browse Icon Packs

Darn : but 3 of those functions (Import an HTML or DOCX file, Add cover and Create new, empty book) use the same image file - book.png, which you can only replace once - sorry for the misinformation.

And for Create checkpoint I see the pushpin icon (same as Mark Books uses in the library GUI).

You don't have to replace all the icons, I've just replaced 2 or 3.

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 09-20-2014 at 05:51 PM. Reason: added a Darn
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-20-2014, 11:06 PM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Sure.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 09:43 AM   #4
phossler
Wizard
phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
BR --

Quote:
but 3 of those functions (Import an HTML or DOCX file, Add cover and Create new, empty book) use the same image file - book.png, which you can only replace once - sorry for the misinformation.
I also had updated a few icons. PyroFlash posted a replacement set of PNGs that I tried out since they had a feel that I was more used to (very personal opinion) for 'generic functions' like FileSave, FileOpen, etc.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=246503

They were all 1024x1024, and some seemed too similar (not counting the identical ones per your post)

Couple of minor issues

1. PIs - I don't know how to replace the icon, or if I want to

2. Remove Book (Delete Key) confirmation dialog doesn't seem to scale the dialog_warning.png so it's full screen

3. Several Calibre functions seem to reuse the same icon

4. Some function do not have an icon and are not customizable on the tool bars (Open Recent File for example)

5. It took me awhile to adjust to the Editor's toolbar 'Book Actions' vs. 'Book Tools' vs Text toolbars. For example, I'd have guessed that Insert or Edit TOC would be in 'Book tools' and 'Insert Special Character' in 'Text Formatting'. Doesn't mean it's wrong of course, just a personal expectation.

Maybe some time when Kovid is bored, he could not reuse the same PNG and maybe allow any icon/function to be placed on any tool bar :-)
phossler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 06:04 PM   #5
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by phossler View Post
1. PIs - I don't know how to replace the icon, or if I want to
If you mean in the Library GUI - I overcome that with Preferences->Look and Feel->Icon Size = Off and Preferences->Look and Feel->Show text under icons = Always

The icon is in the PI zip, if you replace it you'll have to do it again when its updated - so you wouldn't want to be doing it to a fast changing PI like FFDL

BR
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert