Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Announcements

Notices

View Poll Results: Pick your favorite MobileRead logo entries.
Full 48 19.59%
Full 4 1.63%
Full 27 11.02%
Full 21 8.57%
Full 22 8.98%
Full 32 13.06%
Full 9 3.67%
Full 4 1.63%
Full 14 5.71%
Full 20 8.16%
Full 6 2.45%
Full 14 5.71%
Full 45 18.37%
Full 66 26.94%
Full 13 5.31%
Full 67 27.35%
Full 4 1.63%
Full 6 2.45%
Full 12 4.90%
Full 42 17.14%
Full 17 6.94%
Full 20 8.16%
Full 23 9.39%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 245. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 01-22-2008, 12:32 AM   #16
amaysingstories
amaysingstories is on a distinguished road

Device: Palm Tungsten T
Good job paring things down . . . .

There were a hell of a lot of logos, and some darn good ones at that, but I think y'all pared them down well. I myself had like seven different slightly altered suggestions. Hopefully, my design continues to resonate with the crowd that seemed to like it in the original thread.

So, best of luck to everybody -- any and all are deserving.

That being said: Vote early, vote often, Vote for #3!!!!!

V/R,
Tom Mays
Old 01-22-2008, 05:06 AM   #17
modermo
modermo began at the beginning.

Device: I wish I had a cybook. I wish.
The walking book with the trailing bookmark looks really spot on in colour as well!!

Last edited by modermo; 01-22-2008 at 05:16 AM.
Advert
Old 01-22-2008, 05:07 AM   #18
Jaapjan
Avid reader
Jaapjan doesn't litterJaapjan doesn't litter

Device: HTC Touch Diamond, iLiad Book Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by amaysingstories View Post
That being said: Vote early, vote often, Vote for #3!!!!!
Is this a bad time to say I really like #1 ... in black at least?

It's clean, simple and memorable yet conveys all it should.
Old 01-22-2008, 05:09 AM   #19
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650 & 505 & 500
I voted for 4 or 5 but the 10th from top with a walking book that has a bookmark trailing behind it with mobileread on it is the best IMHO. The most user-[technically-challenged]-friendly one.
Old 01-22-2008, 05:26 AM   #20
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by modermo View Post
The walking book with the trailing bookmark looks really spot on in colour as well!!
We displayed the thumbs in grey-scale on purpose since this is how the logo will be used in many cases (think about converted e-books displayed on your greyscale e-book reader).

But yes, the "full" view gives the original logo as it was submitted by the designer. In many cases, color adds to the overall quality of the design.
Advert
Old 01-22-2008, 06:37 AM   #21
searcher
Connoisseur
searcher has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.searcher has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.searcher has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.searcher has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505
This must be a joke. The uglies logos get more votes. Can you read the name of the site from this logo?
Old 01-22-2008, 06:58 AM   #22
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

That's why we are voting...
Although, I do find it unsuitable, even if you can read the name, so what? It doesn't represent the idea of the website.
Old 01-22-2008, 07:07 AM   #23
searcher
Connoisseur
searcher has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.searcher has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.searcher has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.searcher has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by astra_lestat View Post
That's why we are voting...
if you can read the name, so what?

"So what?" You don't sell a product! This is a website and the name of the site is the most important thing to remember.

If yahoo and google uses logos? No, they uses names.

Last edited by searcher; 01-22-2008 at 07:18 AM.
Old 01-22-2008, 07:12 AM   #24
astra
The Introvert

Quote:
Originally Posted by searcher View Post
"So what?" You don't sell a product! This is a website and the name of the site is most important thing to remember.

If yahoo and google uses logos? No, they uses names.
Yes, you are right. I was not very clear about what I wanted to say. I meant that even if you can read the name on this particular logo, it is still bad one.
Old 01-22-2008, 07:30 AM   #25
igorsk
Wizard
igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500/505/700, Kindle, Cybook Gen3, Words Gear
Well, YOU think it's a "bad one", other people like it just fine.
Old 01-22-2008, 07:38 AM   #26
searcher
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by igorsk View Post
Well, YOU think it's a "bad one", other people like it just fine.
"other people" are not experts. They are just "other people" as you say and they never dealing with web sites and web designs.
Old 01-22-2008, 07:41 AM   #27
Jaapjan
Avid reader
Jaapjan doesn't litterJaapjan doesn't litter

Device: HTC Touch Diamond, iLiad Book Edition
Personally I feel that the site name should be incorporated in the logo. Or 'Community' name as I prefer. A bare logo without name in it has so little binding.

Ah well. We can always set up a logo program with countless certifications to match specific logo's! Ah-- well. Maybe not.
Old 01-22-2008, 07:44 AM   #28
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Remember that the winner will still do some detail work to refine the logo. Even if a logo is depicted bare here, the winning designer could work on incorporating the site name afterwards.
Old 01-22-2008, 07:58 AM   #29
amaysingstories
amaysingstories is on a distinguished road

Device: Palm Tungsten T
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaapjan View Post
Is this a bad time to say I really like #1 ... in black at least?

It's clean, simple and memorable yet conveys all it should.
Yes. Yes it is a bad time to say it.

Now, if you had said #3, the time would have been perfect! But that would require me to acknowledge that people may have valid opinions differing from my own, and once you start acknowledging that sort of stuff, your whole self-centric universe just comes crashing down.

Oooooo. There's a mirror. I think I'll go look at myself in it . . . .
Old 01-22-2008, 08:15 AM   #30
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User
yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone8, iPad Air
Quote:
Originally Posted by searcher View Post
This must be a joke. The uglies logos get more votes. Can you read the name of the site from this logo?
I did not vote for this one but I did notice it for having a complete composition in itself and that it is the only one in the bunch to do so. Most of them loose your eye almost immediately. A slight redraw of the book will correct it to be most professional and quite legible.

Remember that we vote for the graphical idea content. None of them are a professional result. All other logos are left, as they are, to be used in the layout of a page and can not be used by themselves. Again in view of graphic composition.
Closed Thread