Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 06-01-2012, 12:47 PM   #1
ATDrake
Wizzard
ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2 International, Sony PRS-T1, BlackBerry PlayBook, Acer Iconia
Free (nook/Kindle/ADE-ePub/PDF) Through A Glass Darkly [Historical Drama w/ Romance]

Through A Glass Darkly by Karleen Koen is an historical family drama with strong romantic elements which may not actually be a dedicated historical romance because of how some relationship plot points turn out, according to reviews I read when I was thinking of getting this when it was on sale for $2.99 several months ago.

I ultimately passed, because the price was a bit too high for a plot that seemed still too romance-y for my tastes from an unknown-to-me author, so I'm pleased to see this is now free courtesy of publisher Sourcebooks, who are reprinting it from its original 1986 Random House edition.

Currently free @ B&N as their Free Fridays book and Amazon (available to Canadians) and directly from the publisher in ADE-ePub/PDF (US & territorial addresses only).

You can read author Koen's own recommendation for a book she enjoyed over at B&N's blog feature for the Free Friday.

Description
Sourcebooks Landmark proudly reintroduces this classic historical novel.

Karleen Koen's sweeping saga contains unforgettable characters consumed with passion: the extraordinarily beautiful fifteen-year-old noblewoman, Barbara Alderley; the man she adores, the wickedly handsome Roger MontGeoffry; her grandmother, the duchess, who rules the family with cunning and wit; and her mother, the ineffably cruel, self-centered and licentious Diana. Like no other work, Through a Glass Darkly is infused with intrigue, sweetened by romance and awash in the black ink of betrayal.
ATDrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 06:54 PM   #2
pisceschick
Addict
pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Classic Nook, Kindle Keyboard, Nexus 7
Thanks! I also had passed on this one, so am pleased to pick it up free now.
pisceschick is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert