Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 05-17-2012, 11:56 PM   #1
SonDan1
Connoisseur
SonDan1 knows what time it isSonDan1 knows what time it isSonDan1 knows what time it isSonDan1 knows what time it isSonDan1 knows what time it isSonDan1 knows what time it isSonDan1 knows what time it isSonDan1 knows what time it isSonDan1 knows what time it isSonDan1 knows what time it isSonDan1 knows what time it is

Device: Nook 1, Aluratek Libre Pro,Kobo Wi-Fi, Samsung Galaxy Tab, KoboT, NST
Kobo Touch *STILL* not being recognized by Calibre

This link is to the original thread I started when I first had the problem, that apparently has not yet resolved.

The touch is recognized by the PC but NOT Calibre. I am using the latest version of Calibre on Windows XP.

Right now the only way to get the KT to connect to Calibre has been to do a factory reset and try connecting again: that is most inconvenient and not a suitable solution.

Can anyone out there help?

Thanks for reading.
SonDan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 12:06 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
You need to be posting this to Kobo. http://manual.calibre-ebook.com/faq....-my-kobo-touch
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 12:19 AM   #3
SonDan1
Connoisseur
SonDan1 knows what time it isSonDan1 knows what time it isSonDan1 knows what time it isSonDan1 knows what time it isSonDan1 knows what time it isSonDan1 knows what time it isSonDan1 knows what time it isSonDan1 knows what time it isSonDan1 knows what time it isSonDan1 knows what time it isSonDan1 knows what time it is

Device: Nook 1, Aluratek Libre Pro,Kobo Wi-Fi, Samsung Galaxy Tab, KoboT, NST
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
You need to be posting this to Kobo. http://manual.calibre-ebook.com/faq....-my-kobo-touch
Then why does the description of the forum called DEVICES say it is for:
Troubleshoot installation and connection issues specific to your device or OS, and learn how to make the most of calibre's device integration features

Also I initially posted in the Kobo forum. If you clicked on the link in my post you would have seen that. I never got any response from you in that forum so tried posting here thinking according to the description this was MORE appropriate.

Does this mean that you have no solution for the problem? If so just say so.

Thank you for you time.

Last edited by SonDan1; 05-18-2012 at 12:22 AM. Reason: typo
SonDan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 01:28 AM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
I didn't say the kobo forum, I said Kobo, as in the company that manufactures this device. And I did say I have no solution for this problem, at the link I posted, did you bother to read it?
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 10:57 AM   #5
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonDan1 View Post
Then why does the description of the forum called DEVICES say it is for:
Troubleshoot installation and connection issues specific to your device or OS, and learn how to make the most of calibre's device integration features

Also I initially posted in the Kobo forum. If you clicked on the link in my post you would have seen that. I never got any response from you in that forum so tried posting here thinking according to the description this was MORE appropriate.

Does this mean that you have no solution for the problem? If so just say so.

Thank you for you time.
You just shouted at Calibre's creator

The answer is because this is a single KOBO device problem and NOT a Calibre talking to all Kobo's of the same model.
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote