Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 01-13-2011, 09:28 PM   #1
tcreek
Enthusiast
tcreek can extract oil from cheesetcreek can extract oil from cheesetcreek can extract oil from cheesetcreek can extract oil from cheesetcreek can extract oil from cheesetcreek can extract oil from cheesetcreek can extract oil from cheesetcreek can extract oil from cheese

Device: kindle 3
Collections, when opened, do not go to the top of the list

Until a few days ago, in my Kindle 3, whenever I opened a book in a collection that collection would go to the top of the list of collections. Now the collection is sent to a random position in the list. Even if I open a book in the collection that is at the top of the list that collection is sent to a random position.

Anyone have any ideas? I have reset the kindle twice.

Don
tcreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 09:32 PM   #2
Belle2Be
Peace, Love, and Books
Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3(3g), NookColor
When you look at the Kindle, does it say sort by "Collections" at the top, or sort by author/last read?
Belle2Be is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-13-2011, 09:37 PM   #3
Tiersten
Guru
Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.

Device: Kindle 3G+WiFi
Check the time/date on your Kindle. If its wrong then the sorting gets all screwed up.
Tiersten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 09:37 PM   #4
tcreek
Enthusiast
tcreek can extract oil from cheesetcreek can extract oil from cheesetcreek can extract oil from cheesetcreek can extract oil from cheesetcreek can extract oil from cheesetcreek can extract oil from cheesetcreek can extract oil from cheesetcreek can extract oil from cheese

Yes, I have the books sorted by "Collections". It has worked properly until the last couple of days. Whenever I opened a book in a collection, that collection went to the top of the list.
Old 01-13-2011, 09:42 PM   #5
tcreek
Enthusiast

The time is correct. I don't know if the date can be set.
Advert
Old 01-13-2011, 09:49 PM   #6
tcreek
Enthusiast

Strange, but the sorting is working correctly now. All I did was go to "Device Time" in "Setting" and opened the window. The time was correct but I set it up a couple of minutes and then back a couple and that seemed to correct the problem.
Old 01-14-2011, 12:43 AM   #7
FF2
Wizard
FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: WiFi Kindle3
I've also read suggestions to force a sync to help restore the collection order.
FF2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 04:03 AM   #8
aproudlove
Enthusiast
aproudlove doesn't litteraproudlove doesn't litteraproudlove doesn't litter

Device: Kindle
One good trick would be to put a special character at the start of your collection names and then to sort by Title, this would make sure that the collections are always at the top then.

There is a thread about it here https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...ht=Collections
aproudlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 09:41 AM   #9
tcreek
Enthusiast

Thanks all!