Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-11-2018, 09:38 AM   #901
ganymede
Connoisseur
ganymede began at the beginning.
 
Posts: 52
Karma: 10
Join Date: Nov 2009
Device: Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by YasBean View Post
The RP1 will not rotate based on orientation of the device, but will rotate the document to make best use of screen space. The update description said: “Automatic Page Rotation—pages from a document, book or article will automatically rotate as needed to optimize the reading experience.”
How can I force the page rotation?
ganymede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 05:48 AM   #902
grandnez
Junior Member
grandnez began at the beginning.
 
Posts: 9
Karma: 10
Join Date: Feb 2017
Device: onyx boox Max
Quote:
Originally Posted by YasBean View Post
The RP1 will not rotate based on orientation of the device, but will rotate the document to make best use of screen space. The update description said: “Automatic Page Rotation—pages from a document, book or article will automatically rotate as needed to optimize the reading experience.”
But salamon is right. I don't know what the update is supposed to do, but the Help Guide says:

Rotating documents
Rotate a document 90 degrees.
1 Tap anywhere on the screen of a document to display the tool bar.
2 Tap (option) in the upper right of the document screen — [Rotate].

I have never seen this [Rotate] option....and I miss it!
grandnez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 05:34 PM   #903
YasBean
Enthusiast
YasBean began at the beginning.
 
Posts: 25
Karma: 10
Join Date: Apr 2017
Device: Sony RP1
Quote:
Originally Posted by grandnez View Post
But salamon is right. I don't know what the update is supposed to do, but the Help Guide says:

Rotating documents
Rotate a document 90 degrees.
1 Tap anywhere on the screen of a document to display the tool bar.
2 Tap (option) in the upper right of the document screen — [Rotate].

I have never seen this [Rotate] option....and I miss it!
There is no Rotate function. You can select "Two-Page Spread" if you want to change the display.
YasBean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2018, 04:31 AM   #904
mr.dave
Junior Member
mr.dave will become famous soon enoughmr.dave will become famous soon enoughmr.dave will become famous soon enoughmr.dave will become famous soon enoughmr.dave will become famous soon enoughmr.dave will become famous soon enough
 
Posts: 5
Karma: 566
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: 成都/Berlin
Device: Sony dpt-rp1 (J)
Rotation or not. With the new software the device is almost perfect. Although pen recognition could be a little bit more precise, hey - iPhone connection & direct page access do it for me..
mr.dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2018, 10:28 PM   #905
ReaderUser
Member
ReaderUser began at the beginning.
 
Posts: 21
Karma: 10
Join Date: Nov 2015
Device: Kindle 3 (Graphite), Kindle Paperwhite 2, Kindle DX Graphite
I think it would be helpful if I had two chargers for this device, instead of one.

Can I just buy any USB - MicroUSB cable and plug it into the Sony wall charger, and it should charge okay?
ReaderUser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2018, 07:26 AM   #906
ghostwheel
Zealot
ghostwheel has learned how to buy an e-book online
 
Posts: 125
Karma: 93
Join Date: May 2006
Device: Boox Max,Galaxy note 10.1 & 3,LE1700 tablet,sony PRS-500,iRex DR1000S
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaderUser View Post
Can I just buy any USB - MicroUSB cable and plug it into the Sony wall charger, and it should charge okay?
Yes, it would.
ghostwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 07:58 AM   #907
Aesthete
Junior Member
Aesthete began at the beginning.
 
Posts: 5
Karma: 10
Join Date: Jun 2017
Device: Kindle DX
Not sure if it's a glitch or not, but Amazon currently has the 13" version for the same price as the 10" version ($599.99).
Aesthete is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Does Sony Digital Paper DPT-S1 connect to an actual "network drive"? anotherMike Sony Reader 2 05-07-2015 03:00 PM
In depth Look through of Sony Digital Paper davidspitzer Sony Reader 5 08-24-2014 03:38 PM
Sony Digital Paper Quick look video davidspitzer Sony Reader 6 08-16-2014 12:10 PM
Z4CK sequel "Digital Force" released as free e-book Alexander Turcic Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links) 0 05-25-2006 07:42 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:42 AM.


MobileRead.com is a privately owned, operated and funded community.