Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 06-29-2016, 08:21 AM   #1
Neru
!!!
Neru knows the way to San Jose.Neru knows the way to San Jose.Neru knows the way to San Jose.Neru knows the way to San Jose.Neru knows the way to San Jose.Neru knows the way to San Jose.Neru knows the way to San Jose.Neru knows the way to San Jose.Neru knows the way to San Jose.Neru knows the way to San Jose.Neru knows the way to San Jose.

Device: Boox Note 2, Boox i86
Looking E-reader(e-ink or color e-ink) with good screen

Hello, right now I'm using boox c67ml, but Its screen is a little bit too small for reading, because of that I'm looking for e-reader that has 6.8 or bigger screen [for reading books with pictures], also more than 200ppi. [Kobo aura hd looks pretty good but maybie there are better e-readers?]
Also I didn't want to create second thread so I will put it here-
What I'm looking is e-ink reader [as mentioned above] or color e-ink reader with screen size also at least 6.8 and resolution of 200 or more and that would't be as slow as pocketbook color lux [also is color e-ink is same for eyes as e-ink?]
My budget is +-200
Sorry for weird english and thanks in advace!
Neru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2016, 11:57 AM   #2
Nelebh
Nelebh began at the beginning.

Device: Boyue T62+, Kobo Clara HD, Hanlin V5 (not in use)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neru View Post
Hello, right now I'm using boox c67ml, but Its screen is a little bit too small for reading, because of that I'm looking for e-reader that has 6.8 or bigger screen [for reading books with pictures], also more than 200ppi. [Kobo aura hd looks pretty good but maybie there are better e-readers?]
Also I didn't want to create second thread so I will put it here-
What I'm looking is e-ink reader [as mentioned above] or color e-ink reader with screen size also at least 6.8 and resolution of 200 or more and that would't be as slow as pocketbook color lux [also is color e-ink is same for eyes as e-ink?]
My budget is +-200
Sorry for weird english and thanks in advace!
Sorry to disappoint you, Neru, but color e-ink, though made possibly recently, is not for sale, not now and not in the recent future. E-Ink is speaking of a tentatively release of two years from now on, around 2018 for general availability of color e-ink screens. [1] [2] They are still trying out and refining the technology behind that. Plus, the resolution is now at 150ppp, not even close to the 212ppp standard in ereaders now.

The others color e-ink ereaders that you might see for sale out there, are not truly ereaders with E-ink screens, but normal cheap tablets that runs Linux or Android and are sold as ereaders. Those devices [1][2] have LCD screens, like the ones in a computer, mobile phone, etc. And there aren't any better to read with them than any of the others LCD screen. The only proper color e-ink ereader I know of is the Ectaco jetBook Color, which was later discontinued. If you absolutely want color, right now the solution is going with a normal screen, and before falling into the trap of the color e-reader, I will go with a known tablet from a recognized brand, be it an Android one like a Nexus or an Amazon Fire, an iPad, or whatever you feel comfortable with. Or even your smartphone of choice. Have a look at this thread here at Mobileread about this topic.

And I think the better resolution I've seen is 300ppp in a screen of 6 inch (6", 1448x1072), so not bigger than your Onyx Boox C67ML in terms of size. The best part is that there are a handful of of options in that size: Amazon Paperwhite, Nook Glowlight Plus, Tolino Vision 3 HD, and the still-not-sold-worldwide Boyue T63 and the Onyx Boox Kepler Pro.

Last edited by Nelebh; 06-29-2016 at 12:04 PM.
Nelebh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-30-2016, 01:16 AM   #3
meeera
Grand Sorcerer
meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, iPadMini4, iPad4, MBP; support other Kobo/Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neru View Post
Kobo Aura H2O has a higher-contrast display than the Aura HD, and is waterproof/dustproof.

I don't know what currency units your budget is in, so can't comment there.
meeera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2016, 11:49 AM   #4
Neru
!!!
Neru knows the way to San Jose.Neru knows the way to San Jose.Neru knows the way to San Jose.Neru knows the way to San Jose.Neru knows the way to San Jose.Neru knows the way to San Jose.Neru knows the way to San Jose.Neru knows the way to San Jose.Neru knows the way to San Jose.Neru knows the way to San Jose.Neru knows the way to San Jose.

Device: Boox Note 2, Boox i86
Thank You for answers, I appreciate it
Quote:
Sorry to disappoint you, Neru, but color e-ink, though made possibly recently, is not for sale, not now and not in the recent future. E-Ink is speaking of a tentatively release of two years from now on, around 2018 for general availability of color e-ink screens. [1] [2] They are still trying out and refining the technology behind that. Plus, the resolution is now at 150ppp, not even close to the 212ppp standard in ereaders now.The others color e-ink ereaders that you might see for sale out there, are not truly ereaders with E-ink screens, but normal cheap tablets that runs Linux or Android and are sold as ereaders. Those devices [1][2] have LCD screens, like the ones in a computer, mobile phone, etc. And there aren't any better to read with them than any of the others LCD screen. The only proper color e-ink ereader I know of is the Ectaco jetBook Color, which was later discontinued. If you absolutely want color, right now the solution is going with a normal screen, and before falling into the trap of the color e-reader, I will go with a known tablet from a recognized brand, be it an Android one like a Nexus or an Amazon Fire, an iPad, or whatever you feel comfortable with. Or even your smartphone of choice. Have a look at this thread here at Mobileread about this topic.And I think the better resolution I've seen is 300ppp in a screen of 6 inch (6", 1448x1072), so not bigger than your Onyx Boox C67ML in terms of size. The best part is that there are a handful of of options in that size: Amazon Paperwhite, Nook Glowlight Plus, Tolino Vision 3 HD, and the still-not-sold-worldwide Boyue T63 and the Onyx Boox Kepler Pro.
I've seen few ebook readers with color e-ink(pocketbook and jetbook, but it seems that they aren't good) these readers was released few years ago already, its dissapointment that they havent done anything really with color e-ink (and just e-ink (for sake of 'four-eyed' people!!@!))
Also, Thank You for warning about these tablets that are called 'e-book readers', and about normal screen tablet-already got it, but it hurts eyes be it night or day with various filters, and stuff.
About these e readers that You recommended- 6' screen is just too small for reading, but T63 looks intresting.
Quote:
Kobo Aura H2O has a higher-contrast display than the Aura HD, and is waterproof/dustproof.I don't know what currency units your budget is in, so can't comment there.
Just wached reviews and comparision of both, and You were right, h2o with carta looks really better than pearl, black looks deeper and text is sharper and it seems easy to get it (it was hell getting onyx in my country, took few months).
Also, sorry, forgot to write currency- its in euros. Right now gonna wait for news about that 7.8 e reader from kobo, if it would seem that it's nothing good then will get h2o, thanks again!
Neru is offline   Reply With Quote