Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 07-29-2020, 07:46 PM   #2236
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!
GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Kindles 10 & 4 and jetBook Lite
101 Things To Do With Eggs - $1.99
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B004KAA7W2
GA Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2020, 02:12 PM   #2237
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!
GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Instant Pot Aura Pro 8-qt. Multicooker - $59.99 ($120.00/67% off)
https://www.kohls.com/product/prd-34...ulticooker.jsp
Advert
Old 08-13-2020, 04:44 PM   #2238
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!

Bacon, Beans, and Beer - $1.99
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07DMD99V8

hardback - $4.95
https://www.hamiltonbook.com/bacon-b...beer-hardbound

101 Things To Do With Rice - $1.99
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0116DTADC

spiralbound - $4.95
https://www.hamiltonbook.com/101-thi...ce-spiralbound

Betty Crocker: Bisquick to the Rescue - $1.99
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00BS03S5A

paperback - $4.95
https://www.hamiltonbook.com/betty-c...day-paperbound
Old 09-02-2020, 11:40 AM   #2239
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!

Today I am in the market for a fairly inexpensive 2-quart saucepan.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!
Old 09-02-2020, 12:17 PM   #2240
Deskisamess
Wizard
Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 7+, iPad mini, 2021 iPad Pro 12.9",Paperwhite 6.8"
Quote:
Originally Posted by GA Russell View Post
Today I am in the market for a fairly inexpensive 2-quart saucepan.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!
If you can find them, the Revere tri-ply bottom stainless pans are great. I found a 1.5 quart on eBay not long ago.

The copper bottoms are ok, but that disc bottom is better imo.

I bought some new stuff last year, and gave away most of my Revere, and have regretted it.
Deskisamess is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-02-2020, 01:30 PM   #2241
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
I've enjoyed my copper bottom Revereware for more than 40 years now. I love it!
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2020, 05:47 PM   #2242
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!

Thanks Desk and Deb!

Amazon has used Revereware starting at $78. I'm afraid that's too much for me.

I would prefer a saucepan without non-stick coating.

Amazon has a Farberware pan for only $16.19. Would that be good enough just to heat up soup and such?

https://www.amazon.com/Farberware-Cl...dp/B000058AK8/
Old 09-02-2020, 05:58 PM   #2243
Deskisamess
Wizard
Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 7+, iPad mini, 2021 iPad Pro 12.9",Paperwhite 6.8"
That's the older style Farberware, I have a smaller pan like it. It's too bad it's not as good as the older ones. I'd say it would be fine for soup and such.

Their newer lower cost stuff isn't a heavy gauge stainless, and wouldn't stand up to heavy use like mashing potatoes etc.

Good quality stainless is uber expensive, way over my budget. The older Revere stuff can be found on eBay, if you're patient.
Deskisamess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2020, 06:35 PM   #2244
Apache
Readaholic
Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Surface Pro 6 / Galaxy Tab A 8"
What ever you get make sure it has a heavy bottom for even heating. Thin pans heat unevenly and can lead to scorching.
Apache
Apache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2020, 06:37 PM   #2245
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
I guess I *got* my set over 40 years ago (4 or 5 pot sizes plus lids) when things were cheaper. I did get another ~10 years ago, from eBay, when I wanted a specific size and not a whole set. I had no idea one pot started at $78! Or, maybe that's why I went to eBay.
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2020, 12:16 PM   #2246
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!

Thanks again, everyone!

I've decided to go with the Farberware. I can get the good stuff next time.
Old 09-10-2020, 10:19 AM   #2247
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!

Oster Sangerfield Stainless Steel Cookware, 3.0-Quart Casserole Set w/Steamer Insert

$18.09 (40% off)

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01BOVFHB0/
Old 09-29-2020, 04:08 PM   #2248
bookmarked
Addict
bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4 NT, Nexus 7, iPod Touch 4, HP TouchPad
The Complete Cook's Country TV Show Cookbook Includes Season 13 Recipes: Every Recipe and Every Review from All Thirteen Seasons by America's Test Kitchen is on sale for $9.99 (regularly $17.99).

This edition was just published 8/25/2020.
bookmarked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2020, 03:48 PM   #2249
bookmarked
Addict
bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4 NT, Nexus 7, iPod Touch 4, HP TouchPad
I found 2 more America's Test Kitchen books on sale. I'm not sure why they're in the "School and Business Reads" sale, though.

Multicooker Perfection: Cook It Fast or Cook It Slow-You Decide by America's Test Kitchen is on sale for $7.99, regularly $14.99.

The Complete Make-Ahead Cookbook: From Appetizers to Desserts 500 Recipes You Can Make in Advance by America's Test Kitchen is on sale for $8.99, regularly $17.99.
bookmarked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2020, 10:40 PM   #2250
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!

MOOSOO 6 QT Air Fryer Lid for Instant Pot
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B087M8TB8G

Click on $10 coupon.

Use code "XDVDXPCP".

Final price - $37.18 (37% off)