Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 07-31-2020, 02:11 PM   #1276
nprentiss
Connoisseur
nprentiss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nprentiss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nprentiss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nprentiss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nprentiss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nprentiss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nprentiss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nprentiss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nprentiss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nprentiss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nprentiss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
This is my favorite Clegg novel. I read it when it first came out.
I *love* NEVERLAND. I think it is horror's TO KILL A MOCKINGBIRD, and one of my all-time favorite books in horror or any genre. Doug is an important influence on me as a reader and writer, and was the first person I asked to write a blurb for my first book.
nprentiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2020, 04:36 PM   #1277
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadingManiac View Post
Oooh, I started Books of Blood and keep forgetting it's sitting on the table next to my reading chair. It's hardback and I find it easier to read Kindle.
They are available, $4-5 a pop. I want to say there used to be an omnibus available, but that might be faulty memory.

Quote:
Be thankful you're not reading the hardback of Imajica.
I have the first mass market paperback, before they split it in two. That thing is a little brick of a book. Maybe some day I'll finish it. I want to say I made it a hundred or so pages, but never finished it.

I have to say, though I've liked his later works, Books of Blood was the best of Clive. I've enjoyed some of his novels (Weaveworld and The Great and Secret Show) but his longer work tends to veer too far into fantasy for my tastes. I haven't read all of his novels, so that may not be universally true. But it was my experience with what I've read.
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2020, 04:38 PM   #1278
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
This is my favorite Clegg novel. I read it when it first came out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nprentiss View Post
I *love* NEVERLAND. I think it is horror's TO KILL A MOCKINGBIRD, and one of my all-time favorite books in horror or any genre. Doug is an important influence on me as a reader and writer, and was the first person I asked to write a blurb for my first book.
Man, I had You Come When I Call You on my TBR list. Maybe I should replace it with Neverland. I do own both.
Old 07-31-2020, 05:28 PM   #1279
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
^ YES! Do replace it!

Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2020, 06:27 AM   #1280
Kieran Seymour
Addict
Kieran Seymour ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kieran Seymour ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kieran Seymour ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kieran Seymour ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kieran Seymour ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kieran Seymour ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kieran Seymour ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kieran Seymour ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kieran Seymour ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kieran Seymour ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kieran Seymour ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch
A rare James Herbert price reduction that isn't one of the Rats trilogy. 99p at Amazon UK until the end of August.

The Magic Cottage

Quote:
A cottage was found in the heart of the forest. It was charming, maybe a little run-down, but so peaceful – a magical haven for creativity and love. But the cottage had an alternative side – the bad magic. What happened there was horrendous beyond belief.
Quote:
A HOUSE OF HOPE . . . AND HORROR

A young couple find the cottage of their dreams. Remote and charming, set in the heart of a forest, it gives them the chance to build a new life away from the stresses of the city.

Inspired by their new life, their relationship flourishes, their creativity is ignited and they produce paintings and music like never before.

But there is another side to the idyllic home – a wicked side that, given the opportunity, will reduce everything they love to ashes.
Kieran Seymour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2020, 11:32 AM   #1281
haydnfan
Guru
haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 4, Oasis 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodWallop View Post
I have the first mass market paperback, before they split it in two. That thing is a little brick of a book. Maybe some day I'll finish it. I want to say I made it a hundred or so pages, but never finished it.
The trade paperback of Imajica plus the hardcover anthology of the Shannara trilogy were what pushed me into buying an ereader back in the day. I felt like I needed to find a gym and start pumping iron just to be able to read those doorstops!
haydnfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2020, 02:20 PM   #1282
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by haydnfan View Post
The trade paperback of Imajica plus the hardcover anthology of the Shannara trilogy were what pushed me into buying an ereader back in the day. I felt like I needed to find a gym and start pumping iron just to be able to read those doorstops!
Just another way reading is good for you
Old 08-01-2020, 02:27 PM   #1283
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar

Quote:
^ YES! Do replace it!

Replaced!
My list of horror novels I want to read within the next year, in no particular order is:
  • This Immortal Body - William Halloway
  • The Midnight Front - David Mack
  • The Bog - Michael Talbot
  • Whipping Boy - John Byrne
  • The Seance in Apartment 10 - Ambrose Ibsen
  • Bloodsisters - John Russo
  • The Jersey Devil - Hunter Shea
  • The Creeping Kelp - William Meikle
  • Neverland - Douglas Clegg
  • The Devil's Bed - Doug Lamoreaux
  • The Darklights - Michaelbrent Collings
  • Black City Saint - Richard Knaak
  • A Head Full of Ghosts - Paul Tremblay
  • The Shaft - David Schow
Old 08-03-2020, 11:28 AM   #1284
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar

Not sure if this is horror or science fiction. But I have a soft spot for creepy stories of UFO abductions.

The Others by Jeremy Robinson is $0.99 at Amazon US.

Quote:
TO SAVE A MISSING GIRL…

Dan Delgado is a private investigator. When it comes to finding cheating spouses, corporate thieves, or runaway teenagers, he’s unenthusiastic, and unmatched. As a former San Francisco detective, he misses more meaningful work, but he hasn’t had the heart for it since his wife’s death five years prior. That is, until a phone call from a distraught mother. An illegal immigrant who can’t go to the police puts him on the hunt for a missing little girl.

By the time he reaches the mother’s small home, she’s missing, too. The circumstances are strange, but when a team of heavily armed mercenaries arrive, Delgado is convinced there is more going on than a simple kidnapping.

Joined by his elderly assistant, a gun-toting pastor, and a UFO enthusiast Uber driver, Delgado follows the clues west, to Colorado City, a town cleaved in two by the 37th parallel, also known as the UFO Highway. In a town infamous for fundamentalist Mormon cult activity, they uncover evidence of a massive child-trafficking ring, whose ringleaders might not be human.

Delgado and crew are plunged into a dangerous world of corporate competition, UFO lore, and government cover-ups. While they hunt for answers, they’re pursued across the Southwest by high-tech mercs, brainwashed cults, and beings whose true identity has been concealed since 1947.

…HE MUST RISK THE WORLD
Old 08-03-2020, 02:11 PM   #1285
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

^ Judging by the cover, it looks like that guy forgot his Kindle.
Old 08-03-2020, 05:40 PM   #1286
jkrzok
Connoisseur
jkrzok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jkrzok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jkrzok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jkrzok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jkrzok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jkrzok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jkrzok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jkrzok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jkrzok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jkrzok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jkrzok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD, Aura One, Voyage, Oasis 1 & 2, Many others getting dusty.
Quote:
^ Judging by the cover, it looks like that guy forgot his Kindle.
There's nothing more horrifying to me than being abducted and having nothing to read.
jkrzok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2020, 08:29 PM   #1287
BetterRead
Addict
BetterRead ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRead ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRead ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRead ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRead ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRead ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRead ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRead ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRead ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRead ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRead ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android Tablet
Valancourt Books is having a sale on a bundle of the complete Paperbacks From Hell series.

All 13 ebooks for $75; available in MOBI or EPUB. (Also available in paperback for $169.) US only.

Order directly on their website at: https://www.valancourtbooks.com/paperbacksfromhell.html
BetterRead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2020, 08:35 PM   #1288
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer

^ That's a great price!

I'll have to check and see what I already have.

THANK YOU!
Old 08-03-2020, 09:25 PM   #1289
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRead View Post
Valancourt Books is having a sale on a bundle of the complete Paperbacks From Hell series.

All 13 ebooks for $75; available in MOBI or EPUB. (Also available in paperback for $169.) US only.

Order directly on their website at: https://www.valancourtbooks.com/paperbacksfromhell.html
Hey very neat! Are the books mass market paperback size? Or trade? Based on price, I'm guessing trade. But like the old Hard Case Crime, mass market would work better.
Old 08-03-2020, 09:27 PM   #1290
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar

Also, I just bought The Tribe (ebook). I haven't seen the Paperbacks From Hell go on sale yet, so I just pick them up from time-to-time.