Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 07-28-2020, 08:18 PM   #121
tracey1
Groupie
tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
What about rooting to get google play access ?
tracey1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2020, 12:34 AM   #122
jsp56
jsp56 began at the beginning.

Hi,

Thanks, yes I wondered about that. Does it work?

Thanks!
jsp56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2020, 02:49 AM   #123
jsp56

I Just looked and I see that the HiSense A5 Pro CC is available online now. I understand that that is the better one. If I could root that, it would be really good.

I just wondered because I am a patient volunteer in a GP surgery and one of my jobs is to give feedback on how systems are working, but I don't have a smartphone because I don't get on with LED light. It would be great if I could root an e-ink phone so I could start working with the new systems.
Old 07-31-2020, 04:58 AM   #124
orebmur
Veteran Linux user
orebmur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orebmur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orebmur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orebmur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orebmur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orebmur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orebmur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orebmur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orebmur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orebmur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orebmur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boyue Likebook Note and Mimas, Onyx Boox Note, Hisense A5
For rooting related technical discussions the XDA Forum is probably the better place to look.

Using the forum search at forum.xda-developers.com/android following thread can be found:

forum.xda-developers.com/android/help/hisense-a5-pro-cc-how-to-root-unlock-t4109021
orebmur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2020, 05:28 AM   #125
jsp56

Thank you I will go and read it. My husband just found that there is an international version available already rooted that might do nicely for me. This is it:

https://www.cect-shop.com/en/hisense-a5.html
Old Yesterday, 01:25 PM   #126
charlie - uk
Enthusiast
charlie - uk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charlie - uk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charlie - uk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charlie - uk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charlie - uk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charlie - uk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charlie - uk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charlie - uk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charlie - uk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charlie - uk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charlie - uk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Onyx Boox T68 & I86 HD ML+, Hisense A5,A5CC
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsp56 View Post
Hi,

I wondered if you might know whether the setup that NHS doctors use for video calls with their patients works on the HiSense A5C or other e-ink phones?

I am thinking about buying one but I don't know whether the NHS setup requires google play store.

Thanks!
The Skype App & Chrome, can be sideloaded. (Other video messaging apps are available )

Last edited by charlie - uk; Yesterday at 01:29 PM.
charlie - uk is offline   Reply With Quote