Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 01-28-2007, 02:02 PM   #1
Wizard-mag
Enthusiast
Wizard-mag began at the beginning.

Greetings from the Czech Republic

Hi,

I have been watching MobileRead and development in electronic reading devices for already half a year now and I have not had so far the need to write a post, but now I simply decided to join since I watch main MobileRead news closely.

Personally, I do not look for really a book-reading device, because I love printed books.

However, I need to read a lot of online content such as news and I do not really like to read it from the screen, which is a bit exhausting to me, so I have to print it, which isn't obviously the best solution, but, for now, the most realisable one.
That is of course why I am watching the electronic reading devices. So far, it hasn't been too great, but maybe I will get a Sony Reader (which seems a bit small to me) or the iLiad (which would be OK in size, but too dear). I know that especially Sony Reader is not meant to be used in way, but it is and probably for long time will be the best viable solution.

I hope the market will be much hotter this year and I can get a device for myself. Can't say how I would be proud of it.

Thanks to all the MobilRead members, and especially the moderators, for providing such a great information source on such relatively unkown devices.
Wizard-mag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 04:53 PM   #2
Anchoku
Connoisseur
Anchoku doesn't litterAnchoku doesn't litter

Welcome! Printed material is easier to read in bright light and held closer to the eyes than notebook PCs usually are. If you buy an e-book, make sure you read it in bright light. Large, very bright desktop monitors are another good way to read online content. Just remember to make the text larger the farther away from the screen you are. ^_-
Anchoku is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-29-2007, 03:56 AM   #3
TadW
Uebermensch
TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Welcome Wizard... I hope you will enjoy stayin' here
TadW is offline   Reply With Quote