Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 08-30-2012, 09:00 AM   #31
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Not sure where the calibre comment comes from. Have you looked at when was the last time Dave (who has continued to work on Sigil almost continuously since the last beta) found the time to push a Kindle Collections plugin update?

I would happily post reams of information about the various changes, fixes and new stuff intended for 0.6, at least about the changes I have contributed anyways.

However as has been mentioned on another thread much of it is subject to further review before the official beta begins. Nearly every day we are collaborating and refining things, sometimes new features are being combined together as we get more time to think them through or attack other items on the list. We may yet find things need to change further, perhaps some may be pulled in favour of a longer term alternative. So a post we made now about feature xyz may confuse people further if it doesn't make the final cut or is called something completely different. Just look at the confusion caused by having the manual ahead of the official release last time.

As DiapDealer says there are no secrets when it comes to what is actually happening with the source code on a daily basis via the Sigil website. A starting point would be to just look at the Changelog.txt in the root of the source - you can see nearly 100 fixes, changes or new features listed in there currently for 0.6. Some of those "one-liners" were an awful lot of work too...
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 09:08 AM   #32
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura
I looked at the fixed issue list for 0.6.0 and I was shocked to see the vast list with fixes. They are working very hard on this!
Toxaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-30-2012, 10:06 AM   #33
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinquent View Post
Yes, it's all gone quiet over there in the Sigil dev camp! Last full release was 6 months ago.
I have been using Sigil 5.902 (V6 beta) for a while and it has some really useful enhancements but also a lot of really annoying bugs which I'm looking forward to having fixed.

I think the dev team have been spending all their efforts on Calibre, which seems to be updated every other day - <off-topic>its nice to know that Calibre is being actively worked on but a right royal pain that it has to be updated every time you use it.</off-topic>
I subscribe to certain (the ones I am interested in )Sigil Bug Fix notices.

I get 'updated status' all the time They are working.

As a local wine maker says: 'No Wine before its Time"
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 11:56 AM   #34
mesquite
A tree.
mesquite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mesquite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mesquite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mesquite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mesquite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mesquite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mesquite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mesquite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mesquite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mesquite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mesquite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
I subscribe to certain (the ones I am interested in )Sigil Bug Fix notices.

I get 'updated status' all the time They are working.

As a local wine maker says: 'No Wine before its Time"
The list looks about "half full" in terms of completion (is that a sign of optimism? ). Some of the changes or fixes look interesting thus making me anxious to give it a try. There was one implement that peaked my interest though.
mesquite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 01:18 PM   #35
Tisha4265
Tisha4265 began at the beginning.

Device: Dell Streak 7
Sigil for tablets?

I absolutely love love LOVE Sigil and have it on every computer I own BUT I was wondering if there is a version that I can install on my Dell Streak so I can edit on the go. I did download it onto my tablet but alas I was unable to open the .exe file. Any tips on how to get it to work or thoughts of creating a version to use on a tablet? Thanks!
Tisha4265 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert