Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 12-02-2009, 10:04 PM   #1
marvmax
marvmax began at the beginning.

Device: iPod Touch 8gb
New iPod Touch Owner

Hey everyone I just got a new iPod Touch 8GB. I traded in a Dell Axim and I love the clarity of the screen on the iPod. I was going to get a 32 GB but since I mainly wanted it as a reading device, and since I never came close to even getting to 2 GB of data on my Axim I decided it was crazy to get the more expensive model. I got it on Black Friday and I've read a couple of books already using stanza.

There's just two drawbacks that I've found so far. It doesn't really handle text documents as well as I would like (but I'm still new at this so maybe I'll figure it out), and it is way too much fun as a game device. I'm finding that I'm spending way too much time playing games. I expect that I'll get tired of them after a while, but man is it way more fun than playing games on my Axim was.

Also I gave my Axim to my daughter who was visiting for Thanksgiving (sort of) so it looks like the old reliable Axim is still going to be doing duty as a reading device.
marvmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 01:50 AM   #2
carlobee
Fanatic
carlobee has learned how to read e-bookscarlobee has learned how to read e-bookscarlobee has learned how to read e-bookscarlobee has learned how to read e-bookscarlobee has learned how to read e-bookscarlobee has learned how to read e-bookscarlobee has learned how to read e-bookscarlobee has learned how to read e-books

Device: The new iPad
i also have an iPod touch too aside from my iPhone 3G. My iPod touch is the 16GB one. At first, i thought it was too large. but well, slowly i almost consumed around 80% of its space.. filled it up with books, games, videos/movies and lots and lots of music.

very useful device really.

carlobee is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-03-2009, 02:01 PM   #3
marvmax

Did you get the touch first? I might get a iPhone if Verizon starts to carry it (but I'm starting to doubt that that might happen), but maybe not. My family has a Verizon plan and were happy with that. AT&T just doesn't cover enough of the rural area of NM.
Old 01-08-2010, 06:59 AM   #4
marvmax

I can't answer that because I don't have an iPhone. I do like the sceen on my iPod touch better than my old Axim. Also I've never had a problem reading a backlit device. So far I'm still loving it although I'm having some trouble with the battery.
Old 01-08-2010, 07:14 AM   #5
deltop
Zealot
deltop doesn't litterdeltop doesn't litterdeltop doesn't litter

Device: Kobo Glo
I have an ipod Touch 2G, it's screen looks just as good as my wife's new iPhone 3GS.
deltop is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-09-2010, 10:56 PM   #6
dkb
ebook enthusiast
dkb writes the songs that make the whole world sing.dkb writes the songs that make the whole world sing.dkb writes the songs that make the whole world sing.dkb writes the songs that make the whole world sing.dkb writes the songs that make the whole world sing.dkb writes the songs that make the whole world sing.dkb writes the songs that make the whole world sing.dkb writes the songs that make the whole world sing.dkb writes the songs that make the whole world sing.dkb writes the songs that make the whole world sing.dkb writes the songs that make the whole world sing.

Device: Kindle 2, iPhone, Sony PRS-350, Kindle Fire, Kindle Touch
I also have an iPod Touch 2G. It looks just as good as my daughter's iPhone. It's amazing how good videos look on it. I also use it to read instead of my Kindle when I'm out and about on errands and appointments. I was surprised to find that I like reading on it. I thought the screen size and the brightness would be hard on my eyes, but it's not.
dkb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 01:08 PM   #7
mishnogramjo
mishnogramjo began at the beginning.

Device: none
I believe that the screens and most of the hardware is identical. The new Ipod Touch 3G are supposed to be faster but only if you get the 32 of 64GB ones. I have the 2G ipod touch with the latest OS and I love it. My wife has one too and now with Calibre and Stanza have been going through books like there is no tomorrow.
mishnogramjo is offline   Reply With Quote