Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 08-24-2009, 05:27 PM   #1
ChopperHarris
ChopperHarris began at the beginning.

Device: none yet
Hello And A Question

Hello all,

I'm a long time lurker, first time poster. The site has been incredibly helpful in choosing a reader and I've finally picked up a Sony PRS-505 as the prices have dropped prior to introduction of the new models - so thanks for that!

My first question has come about because my 2 year old asked me to read her a book from the reader today. I've had a quick google, but I can't find any sites that sell picture books (although I've seen plenty of Manga, etc.) I'm realistic that picture quality will vary from book to book, but I'm guessing that some (e.g. Mr Men books) will have simple enough pictures that they could work in greyscale.

Is anyone aware of a site where these type of books can be purchased? In particular, I'm in the UK so someplace with UK access would be great.

Thanks in advance for any answers.

Cheers
Stu
ChopperHarris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 06:15 PM   #2
rebarnmom
Wizard
rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-700 (traded in), Sony PRS-650
Here's a link, you might try.

http://www.diesel-ebooks.com/cgi-bin...er-ebooks.html

I'm sure there must be others. Children's picture books will be awesome when they come out with color e-ink readers!

BTW, Welcome to MobileRead!
rebarnmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-24-2009, 06:30 PM   #3
toomanybooks
Addict
toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ipad, Ipod Touch, KIndle Fire
The link below has classic children's books in epub format.

http://www.snee.com/epubkidsbooks/
toomanybooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 07:33 PM   #4
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi stu & welcome to MobileRead
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 08:12 PM   #5
Verencat
Wizard
Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.

Device: xxx
Welcome to Mobile Read, Stu! Glad you took the plunge!
Verencat is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-25-2009, 04:20 PM   #6
kazbates
Wizard
kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SurfacePro, SurfaceBook 2
Official Welcome to MobileRead, Stu!

You can get classic books like Nancy Drew, Beverly Cleary, Encyclopedia Brown, etc., from Fictionwise.com, but most of their books in the Children's category are for pre-teens and teens. I would think publishers of picture books are waiting for the color e-ink like RBMom has said. Hang in there, though, they'll be coming soon!

Happy Reading!
kazbates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 05:33 PM   #7
ChopperHarris
ChopperHarris began at the beginning.

Device: none yet
Thanks for all your replies... in particular it seems as though there might be one or two on the diesel books site so I'll give them a go (and wait for the colour e-ink devices t arrive!).
ChopperHarris is offline   Reply With Quote