Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 01-10-2017, 04:15 PM   #1
OldLincoln
Zealot
OldLincoln ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OldLincoln ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OldLincoln ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OldLincoln ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OldLincoln ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OldLincoln ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OldLincoln ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OldLincoln ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OldLincoln ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OldLincoln ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OldLincoln ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: FBReader
Bulk Edit Search & Replace expressions?

Sorry if it sounds crazy..

I'm trying to write a bulk search & replace to replace the tags column with #pages " Pages" (To look like 228 Pages" in the tags column that's otherwise empty). What I have is:
Regex: search field = tags
Search for: \*
Replace with: #pages " Pages"
Destination field: tags

It sees the tags field ok but just repeats it in the destination field. I've tried different replace with and nothing works. I've also tried in on books with a blank tags field.

Thanks
OldLincoln is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 08:27 AM   #2
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
If I understand you correctly you are trying to replace the tags field with text that is variable depending on the book. A book has a custom column #pages, presumably filled in by something like the Count Pages plugin. In book A the value could be 231 and book B the value could be 195. You want the tags column in book A to contain "231 pages" and in book B to contain "195 pages".

You can do this in calibre, but not in the way you are suggesting. However, before I go into that, why not use the custom column directly? Why put the information into tags?

Assuming you really want to put the info into tags, your S&R should look like this:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	178
Size:	48.7 KB
ID:	154104  
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-12-2017, 12:23 AM   #3
OldLincoln
Zealot
OldLincoln ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OldLincoln ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OldLincoln ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OldLincoln ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OldLincoln ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OldLincoln ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OldLincoln ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OldLincoln ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OldLincoln ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OldLincoln ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OldLincoln ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks Chaley (again)!!!

I said it sounds crazy... The pages download into CC fine but FBReader doesn't pick it up.
You said most readers don't. However I noticed that it does pick up tags and since I don't ever use them I manually changed all new books before sending and liked it so I've tried to mechanize it. After exhaustion trying I called for help and you stepped up. So many thanks.

PS some times I just want a quick read or avoid a long one so pages matter to me.
Old 01-12-2017, 04:05 AM   #4
MerlinMama
Evangelist
MerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Kobo Sage
This might not work for your reader, or it might not be what you want in appearance, but I added the page number to the title (I have a weird thing that I prefer to read from the shortest book to the longest, with few exceptions). In my case, I have it at the beginning of the title.
MerlinMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2017, 05:32 PM   #5
OldLincoln
Zealot

Thanks, MerlinMama. Just for the sake of options, how did you go about doing that?
Advert
Old 01-14-2017, 05:48 PM   #6
MerlinMama
Evangelist
MerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Kobo Sage
When device is connected, Device=>Configure the device. At the bottom of the "File Format" tab, you find the Save Template box. I put my template in there.

To cover my bases, I also saved my template in these two places: Preferences=>Sending books to devices; as well as Preferences=>Metadata Plugboards.
MerlinMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2017, 06:00 PM   #7
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
save template affects Filename

Kindles use metadata , so the plug board inserts non-standard(to the K) data into the standard places without needing to corrupt the field in the library
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote