Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 09-21-2016, 03:37 AM   #16
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Libra2, Clara 2e, Kindle PW SE & Kindle 2022
Quote:
Originally Posted by anonymoose View Post
Josie you might want to see if that £5 is still valid... Kobo has MM Romance.
I've not had the email, but even if I had I doubt the £5 credit would transfer.
Josieb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2016, 03:59 AM   #17
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by auspex View Post
LOL. I have been eyeing the Aura H2O... Hard to justify when my Sony just won't die, though, even though its software is shit.
Actually, it's very easy to justify. Bigger screen, better contrast, front light, faster, and more enjoyable to read. So just go for it and don't look back.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-21-2016, 04:00 AM   #18
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by anonymoose View Post
Josie you might want to see if that £5 is still valid... Kobo has MM Romance.
I don't think we want Kobo to sell monkey monkey romance novels.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2016, 04:28 AM   #19
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Libra2, Clara 2e, Kindle PW SE & Kindle 2022
I found out today that Sainsburys now does sell some MM Romance but the £5 code they gave to new customers no longer works
Josieb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2016, 05:46 AM   #20
soulfuldog
I ♥ Calibre
soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Voyage, Sony PRS-350, Hudl2
That's a shame, I always found them to be more competitive on price than Kobo. After BooksOnBoard went defunct, they were my 'other' option on the very odd occasion Amazon weren't the cheapest.
soulfuldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-21-2016, 08:16 AM   #21
DrNefario
Wizard
DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Kobo Touch, Nook SimpleTouch
I liked having an alternative to Kobo for regular EPUBs. (I've never managed to figure out how to buy anything from Google, and I think they occasionally do weird things with the books?)

To be fair, though, I think I've bought about £9 worth of books from Sainsburys and £7 of that was free credit, so I'm probably not helping.

The big advantage to me was that I do my regular food shopping at a Sainsburys supermarket anyway, so I could accumulate the Nectar points to buy books. It looks like I might just get 1 book out of it.
DrNefario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2016, 08:30 AM   #22
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrNefario View Post
Man, this was the only reason I signed up for a nectar card, and I'm a little short of being able to afford the book I want. I'm not sure I'll quite have the points by the end of the month, either. That's annoying.
At least you can use the point elsewhere, so they're not lost.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2016, 09:02 AM   #23
DrNefario
Wizard
DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Kobo Touch, Nook SimpleTouch
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
At least you can use the point elsewhere, so they're not lost.
I can afford a cheaper book. I was hoping to stretch to £5.99, since I'm not generally willing to pay that if it involves actual money. I currently have £5.70, I think, which means I need another £58 worth of spending before the end of the month. My weekly shop tends to come in at about £12. Maybe I'll throw in a few gift cards this week.

Honestly I haven't looked into any other means of using the points.
DrNefario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2016, 11:49 AM   #24
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrNefario View Post
Honestly I haven't looked into any other means of using the points.
If nothing else you can use them (in units of £2.50) to get money off your food shopping at Sainbury's.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2016, 02:14 AM   #25
MGlitch
Wizard
MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Kobo Sage, Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by soulfuldog View Post
That's a shame, I always found them to be more competitive on price than Kobo. After BooksOnBoard went defunct, they were my 'other' option on the very odd occasion Amazon weren't the cheapest.
Kobo price matches, I've not had occasion to test it, but others have reported it's fairly painless process. It does mean you'd probably have to delay buying the book right away though.
MGlitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2016, 02:37 AM   #26
chrisridd
Guru
chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura, Kobo Aura ONE, Marvin 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGlitch View Post
Kobo price matches, I've not had occasion to test it, but others have reported it's fairly painless process. It does mean you'd probably have to delay buying the book right away though.
I've done it a few times, and the hardest part is finding the link (only on the homepage, just above the dark footer. In a disused toilet with "beware of the leopard" written on it, etc) But once you find it it all works very well.
chrisridd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2016, 10:54 AM   #27
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisridd View Post
I've done it a few times, and the hardest part is finding the link (only on the homepage, just above the dark footer. In a disused toilet with "beware of the leopard" written on it, etc) But once you find it it all works very well.
Do not click the spoiler if you are scared of spiders.
Spoiler:
Never saw any leopards in a toilet but I did once find a park toilet (outhouse) that was covered in granddaddy long legs. Note, they moved off the seat and from in front of the seat if the person was brave enough to pee in there. Not once did any of them touch the human.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2016, 03:34 PM   #28
chrisridd
Guru
chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura, Kobo Aura ONE, Marvin 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinisajoy View Post
Do not click the spoiler if you are scared of spiders.
Spoiler:
Never saw any leopards in a toilet but I did once find a park toilet (outhouse) that was covered in granddaddy long legs. Note, they moved off the seat and from in front of the seat if the person was brave enough to pee in there. Not once did any of them touch the human.
The leopards thing is a reference to The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy: http://www.goodreads.com/quotes/4070...y-i-eventually

Spoiler:
Daddy long legs
aren't too scary, are they?
chrisridd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2016, 04:44 PM   #29
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Quote:
The leopards thing is a reference to The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy: http://www.goodreads.com/quotes/4070...y-i-eventually

Spoiler:
Daddy long legs
aren't too scary, are they?
Spoiler:
Not if you really have to pee. They were literally covering every square inch except for where the person was. They took that spot back over as soon as I left. They were on the walls, floor, ceiling and any other surface they could find. I wish I had a camera then. A picture would have been nice.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2016, 05:06 PM   #30
sufue
lost in my e-reader...
sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Sony T1, Nook ST Glowlight, Galaxy Tab 7 Plus
Leopards aside, the Kobo price match link is pretty hard to find, as chrisridd mentions, but I've done it several times also, and the process has worked as claimed for me. You buy the book from Kobo first (no need to wait), and then click to the price match form, where you have to provide them with your Kobo order number and the URL of the site with the lower price. They credit your account with the difference, plus 10% of the competitor's price, which seemed sort of odd...I think these sort of guarantees usually refund the difference plus some percentage of the difference, not the difference plus some percentage of the competitor's price. But that really is the calculation they used on each of mine.

It's also important to note that the price match does not generate a refund, but rather a Kobo credit.

Of course, the good thing (don't have to wait to buy) is also the bad thing (if something goes wrong, they already have your money for the higher price), but so far it has worked exactly as promised for me. And, although I've assiduously saved screenshots of the lower prices, I've not ever had to use them.

Quote:

Last edited by sufue; 09-22-2016 at 05:08 PM.
sufue is offline   Reply With Quote