Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 04-24-2016, 08:21 AM   #121
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
zmpty =

Not exactly - those only allow you to install the things you will need to make those changes.

Install USBnetworking -
Install Rescue Pack (optionally, with the Coward's rescue pack add-on) - you just might need it, you will not know until it is too late -

Once you have access to the internal file system (over ssh connection of USB networking) -
You are ready to make changes in the margin settings -
I don't have that link handy, perhaps someone else will point you to that info.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2016, 08:33 PM   #122
fourwinds
fourwinds began at the beginning.

Device: kindle paperwhite 3
Hello,

I had no problems installing this on my kindle paper white 3. I went to install on my husband's kindle (paper white 3) and after installing the launcher get the error:

This item is not signed by an authorized developer. Please contact the developer.

I searched the thread but did not see anyone else coming across this error.

What went wrong?

Thanks!
fourwinds is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-31-2016, 08:42 PM   #123
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Reboot the Kindle.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2016, 09:32 PM   #124
fourwinds

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
Reboot the Kindle.
Hello,

Sorry, I should've added more details.

I did indeed reboot the kindle and it still did not work. I tried deleting the files and reinstalling, that did not work.

I have just tried everything from the very beginning (factory reset, downgrading, jailbreaking, adding hot fix, and reinstalling kaul) and I got the same error message. I tried restarting the kindle again just in case and still got the same eroor message "This item is not signed by an authorized developer. Please contact the developer"

I was following these two guides
http://lifehacker.com/how-to-jailbre...dle-1783864074
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=275877

I am confused why it worked on one kindle but not the other. Both were bought at the same time, same model (triple checked) etc.
Old 07-31-2016, 09:46 PM   #125
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

DO NOT MIX THE GUIDES
The guide at life hacker is an abstract of an earlier version of the full instructions.

Follow the full instructions, the ones at the second link in your post.

Be sure both device's are registered, both do not have Special Offers enabled....
That is: Everything about them mentioned in the Bullet List (Step #0) is identical.

Then try the problem device again, report back on what happens (in detail).
Advert
Old 07-31-2016, 11:27 PM   #126
fourwinds

Thanks knc1 and NiLuJe for your assistance.

I followed https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=275877 as I did previously.

However, I did not do the update to current firmware until AFTER I installed KAUL launcher.

After that was all done, I allowed the kindle to update to the current firmware and the KAUL launcher still appears to work fine despite me now having difficulties with the screensaver add on (which I also had no problems on my other kindle). Oh well, one problem solved at a time.

Thanks again!
Old 07-31-2016, 11:28 PM   #127
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by fourwinds View Post
Thanks knc1 and NiLuJe for your assistance.

I followed https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=275877 as I did previously.

However, I did not do the update to current firmware until AFTER I installed KAUL launcher.

After that was all done, I allowed the kindle to update to the current firmware and the KAUL launcher still appears to work fine despite me now having difficulties with the screensaver add on (which I also had no problems on my other kindle). Oh well, one problem solved at a time.

Thanks again!
Reinstall the hotfix.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2016, 12:26 AM   #128
knc1
Going Viral

Two PW-3 devices, both now on 5.8.1, the screensave add-in works on one but not the other . . .

You are not using the same screensaver add-in on both devices.
Do a full un-install of the current screensaver add-in (there is a KUAL menu selection for that).
Re-download the copy attached to the first post of NiLuJe's snapshot thread.
Re-download the python package attached to the same post.
Put both in the /mrinstaller directory and use MrPI to install them both (at the same time).

Any problem with any of the steps above, stop at that point and report what has happened.
Old 01-24-2017, 12:20 PM   #129
Trups
Trups began at the beginning.

Device: paperwhite3
Question kindletool command not working

Quote:
Originally Posted by verbatrium View Post
Hi NiLuJe,

i have downloaded your latest snapshots (1st Aug) and applied KUAL, KUAL +, Network and Python...

all install ok on PW3.

I then used these commands to convert the latest librarian sync to pw3 using your excellent tool.

>kindletool convert Update_librariansync_1.10_kindle5.bin

>kindletool create ota2 -d paperwhite3 Update_librariansync_1.10_kindle5_converted.tar.gz update_librariansync-1.10pw3.bin

Seems to have worked....created 900 books in the correct collections using my fav book manager and collections plug in...

Hi...I'm trying to do the same thing. I've done everything - downgraded firmware, jailbreak, kual, python, mrpi...now I'm trying to make the above kindletool commands to work because the mrpi destroys the librarysync package everytime. The first command works fine. The second one gives me 'Invalid device' error for paperwhite3 from the command. Please help, I've been at this for 2 days now, nothing works. Any help is appreciated.
Trups is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2017, 12:33 PM   #130
knc1
Going Viral

First post of the current jail break thread, section: "Release Policy" -
Open the spoiler, read it, then follow the directions (I.E: You are using out-of-date packages).
Old 01-25-2017, 12:15 AM   #131
Trups
Trups began at the beginning.

Device: paperwhite3
Awesome. Copied latest Kindletool package. Worked. Thank you!!!!
Trups is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2017, 04:26 AM   #132
crazyV
crazyV began at the beginning.

Device: PW3
Post Wallpapers not shown

I know, basically it should work,
i have a jailbreaked kindle pw3 -> installed everything, and the default: "you have the wallpapers hack" wallpaper was schon.

then i added some 800x600 wallpapers, but they were too small, but shown, just centered on the screen.

i googled a bit and found out that the correct solution for my device should be:
pw3 = 1072 x 1448

but those images aren't shown.

any ideas when this can happen, or whats the reason for that.
after the display goes to sleep (or it turn it off) it flickers for a short moment, and the just shows the last screen in standby.

:

i searched a lot but didnt found similar issues, what exactly does grey-scaled png means, and specifics, and details. i read it even support colors, so possibly that's not the reason.

any help or ideas appreaciated.
thanks a lot girls && guys
crazyV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2017, 08:24 AM   #133
knc1
Going Viral

You are posting in the wrong thread.
Please chose the correct thread or make a new one, not just post to the one highest on the index page.
Old 02-06-2017, 09:25 AM   #134
crazyV
crazyV began at the beginning.

Device: PW3
sry

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
You are posting in the wrong thread.
Please chose the correct thread or make a new one, not just post to the one highest on the index page.
sry a lot, had multiple tabs offen, had to register in between, looked like it just pressed the reply button on the wrong thread.
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...=1#post3471249
crazyV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 09:32 AM   #135
baalajimaestro
Expecto Patronum!
baalajimaestro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baalajimaestro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baalajimaestro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baalajimaestro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baalajimaestro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baalajimaestro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baalajimaestro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baalajimaestro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baalajimaestro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baalajimaestro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baalajimaestro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2(9017) 4GB, FW 5.7.4
I have a new problem erupting in my PW2(SR-9017 FW 5.8.9.2). MrPI keeps destroying all packages and none of the hacks installed via a bin seem to work. Yet KUAL,KOReader, and other addons seem to work as designated. Even taking off MrPI and putting itback doesnt help! I'm planning for a Diags downgrade to some lower version like 5.6.5 and then look for methods to rectify it. Is it okay to proceed?

B.Baalaji
baalajimaestro is offline   Reply With Quote