Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 09-16-2012, 03:03 PM   #1
Osteonectin
Osteonectin began at the beginning.

Device: none
Medical Books

With the folder structure starting with Author, I was wondering if anyone has some advice to streamline management??

I have logged a lot of medical books, each having several authors. With the current structure that would put a copy of the book in several folders for each of the authors... Other than deleting all but the main author, is there a way to save some space.

Also I have the same author with middle initial and some without, is there a pulg-in that will help find those so I could change them.

Thanks
Osteonectin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 04:36 PM   #2
Adoby
Handy Elephant
Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Thinkpad E595, Ubuntu Mate, Huawei Mediapad 5, Bouye Likebook Plus
You can create a custom column that store the first (main) author.

Then you can use this as the path in the template when you save to disc.

{#mainauthsort}/{title} - {authors}

You can then order all books using this main/first author and see if there are any variations regarding initials, titles and first name. Use search and replace on Authors to fix.

If you have a very large library (several thousands of books) then this type of custom column will slow down the opening of the library. All the values are set when you open the library, using the list of authors.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	mainauthorsort.png
Views:	134
Size:	40.1 KB
ID:	92467  

Last edited by Adoby; 09-16-2012 at 10:20 PM. Reason: Added warning about slow opening of large libraries
Adoby is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-20-2012, 08:45 AM   #3
Osteonectin
Osteonectin began at the beginning.

Device: none
Thank you I'll give it a try
Osteonectin is offline   Reply With Quote