Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Color & Nook Tablet

Notices

Old 04-30-2011, 12:49 AM   #1
jhempel24
Wizard
jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite, B&N Nook Colro
File Manager for un-rooted Nook?

Looking to see if there is a file manager for an Un-Rooted Nook, allowing to create folders and move files etc.

I saw that you can't do that with the stock Nook.
jhempel24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 07:49 AM   #2
RAH
Guru
RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Color Nook; Nook Touch
QuickOffice comes with a file manager (called FileManager!), which allows you to create folders, move files, etc. Only trouble with it is that it only works on files on the SD drive and cloud storage (e.g. Google Docs). It won't even acknowledge the existence of the Nook's internal storage.
RAH is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-30-2011, 07:58 AM   #3
jhempel24
Wizard
jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

That might work actually. I want to move books downloaded in my Calibre library (via html) to the book folder so it shows up in the library
Old 04-30-2011, 08:50 AM   #4
RAH
Guru
RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

It looks like it will work. I just tried it out using Google Docs, my PC, and the Nook. I uploaded an epub into Google Docs. Then I went into Google Docs on the Nook with FileManager and copied the file into the clipboard (you use the clipboard for file copying). Then I switched over to the books folder on the SD card and did a paste. The epub was there. I then looked in the Library on the Nook and that epub was listed in the books area.

So you could use Calibre the same way (instead of Google docs - I was too lazy to hook up the Nook to my PC).
Old 04-30-2011, 08:53 AM   #5
RAH
Guru

I am seeing that this could be a pretty nifty way to get files to your Nook without ever connecting the nook to your PC - using Google Docs (or Dropbox, Box, etc), and FileManager.

Edit - also, to further explain, you do not have to use the browser to log into Google Docs on the Nook in order to get files. FileManager can be configured to automatically log into these cloud sites and treat them as a virtual drive on the Nook, so it is seamless. Very nice!

Last edited by RAH; 04-30-2011 at 08:58 AM.
Advert
Old 05-01-2011, 07:56 AM   #6
jhempel24
Wizard

Oh very cool. I'll be testing this out. It was the only reason I was rooted.