Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Ectaco jetBook

Notices

Old 02-12-2010, 07:24 AM   #1
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
How to read more than one book at a time?

Hi, sorry to ask a dumb question. I have searched the board, looked up the manual on line, played with the keys....and found no answer.

I have a book open on my jetbook lite. I can't figure out how to get out of the book back to the main menu, so I can open another book. Please help!

Thanks, Anne
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 07:31 AM   #2
GhostHawk
Data Privateer!
GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.

Device: Ectaco Jetbook& Jetbook Lite
Simple, lower right hand corner, you have the cursor keys, lowest right hand corner you have a return key that looks like an arrow did a 180 u turn and is headed back the way it came.

Just press that once.

Will take you out of any menu or level your in, back up one level.
Its the "Get me out of here and RETURN me to where I was" key.
GhostHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 07:35 AM   #3
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

ohhhhh....ok....I knew it was return but I never pressed it in that circumstance. I am gonna go do it now. Thanks so much!!!
Old 02-12-2010, 07:36 AM   #4
GhostHawk
Data Privateer!
GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.

Device: Ectaco Jetbook& Jetbook Lite
Your very welcome

I wish all problems were so easily solved.
GhostHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 07:45 AM   #5
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer

yeah....

it worked, so now I can get back to reading the book I was reading on my netbook but transferred to the Jetbook. (and hopefully when I go back to the first book it will open at the correct page. I forgot to click "bookmark this page")
Old 02-12-2010, 08:46 AM   #6
Kralik
Guru
Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Rooted NST
Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover6 View Post
yeah....

it worked, so now I can get back to reading the book I was reading on my netbook but transferred to the Jetbook. (and hopefully when I go back to the first book it will open at the correct page. I forgot to click "bookmark this page")
Whenever you open a book that you've read before, it will continue from where you left off.
Kralik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 08:49 AM   #7
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer

*phew* thought so, but its a relief to know for sure, thanks!
Old 02-12-2010, 10:19 AM   #8
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
There is also the "Recent Readings" option in the menu you get when you push the
button directly diagonal from the "return" button.

Luck;
Ken
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 08:37 AM   #9
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer

that helped too, Ken, thanks.

I was pleased to notice the page numbers at the top of the book! very useful for me, as I am a bit anal about wanting to know where I am in a book.

I made a cloth cover for my JBL, so that I could attach a booklight to it while reading in bed. Tested it out last night, and it worked great!

I'm still using the batteries that came with the unit. The battery icon at the top shows an outline of a battery divided into sections....how will that look when the batteries are partly used up?

I'm so glad I got the JBL. I can finally read the 200 ebooks in my collection.
Old 02-14-2010, 10:49 AM   #10
Little.Egret
Wizard
Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard 3G, Kindle Fire 2, NOOK ST, Kindle HDX, Fire 7"
Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover6 View Post
that helped too, Ken, thanks.

[...]

I'm still using the batteries that came with the unit. The battery icon at the top shows an outline of a battery divided into sections....how will that look when the batteries are partly used up?

I'm so glad I got the JBL. I can finally read the 200 ebooks in my collection.

When full the outline shows 4 black segments, as the battery energy is used used up 3 black and one white (for 3/4 I suppose) then 2 black and 2 white and so forth.

http://www.ectaco.com/ectaco-posts/list/18497.page

Jetbook-Lite is supplied by 4 AA Alkaline batteries, with a total
voltage of 6V. At this case unit must work for a week or at least 25
hours of non-stop work.
It must be recharged when voltage gets less than 5V. You will see
warning on the screen when it happens.
Jetbook-Lite is totally discharged when average voltage is less than 4V.
Unit will not turn on.
==
so you can measure with a voltmeter too.

you can use rechargable AA cells, getting one or two sets could save you a lot of money and you could swap back to Alkaline as needed.

As to reading you 200 ebooks, don't forget you can get free applications to install on a PC or laptop which can read most ebook formats, thus if a PDF needs a bigger screen you can plug in your jetbook lite and use the PC screen.
Little.Egret is offline   Reply With Quote