Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 11-29-2016, 01:37 PM   #1711
Vandal
PSYCHO
Vandal began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4 (NT)
'An error occurred: Main class instantiation threw a RuntimeException. Please contact the developer' Does anyone know how to fix this. (KINDLE 4 NT)
Vandal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2016, 05:51 AM   #1712
encol
Evangelist
encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW3 5.8.5.0.1
look in the developer/KUAL/work if there are .log files, and post them

Last edited by encol; 11-30-2016 at 06:18 AM.
encol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2016, 02:31 PM   #1713
Vandal
PSYCHO

okay i don't know how to post files so here's a paste bin below

Last edited by Vandal; 12-01-2016 at 02:32 PM. Reason: mistype
Old 12-01-2016, 02:31 PM   #1714
Vandal
PSYCHO

pastebin.com/fbFfXEfQ
Old 12-01-2016, 05:43 PM   #1715
encol
Evangelist
encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

What firmware are you using?
What version of KUAL? Kindlet or Booklet?

Can you ssh to the kindle?

Last edited by encol; 12-01-2016 at 05:47 PM.
Old 12-02-2016, 04:00 PM   #1716
Vandal
PSYCHO

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by encol View Post
What firmware are you using?
What version of KUAL? Kindlet or Booklet?

Can you ssh to the kindle?
I don't know what an ssh is, but what I do know is that i'm using the kindlet version.
Old 12-02-2016, 07:02 PM   #1717
encol
Evangelist

please post your firmware version (settings ... device info)
Old 12-03-2016, 02:07 PM   #1718
juglardalua
juglardalua began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW2
Hi, i need some help.

I´ve made the jailbreak on my PW2 via downgrading it from 5.6.5 to 5.4.3.2 and then i jailvroken it via this method https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=186645

Now i´ve installed the KUAL, but when i try to open it on my Kindle it appears this message:

"APPLICATION ERROR
The selected application could not be started. Please try again."

I´ve erased it and installed it again, and the same message showed up.

What can i do?

Thanks
juglardalua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2016, 08:33 AM   #1719
Vandal
PSYCHO

Kindle 4 Non touch - Version 4.1.3 (2692310002)
Old 12-07-2016, 01:41 PM   #1720
encol
Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vandal View Post
Kindle 4 Non touch - Version 4.1.3 (2692310002)
you must install KUAL-KDK-1.0.azw2, not KUAL-KDK-2.0.azw2
Old 12-08-2016, 01:02 PM   #1721
Barty
doofus
Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
IIRC, you want to start by changing:
Code:
{"store.open.uri", "app://com.lab126.store"}
To what you want run.
I suppose the other store.* things would need adjustment also.
In 5.8.7 at least, changing store.*.uri seems to do nothing, alas! (I'm editing KindletBooklet-2.2.jar).

Edit: I notice store.*.uri appear in constant pool. Can't figure out how to edit. Tried deleting and adding back but neither does anything.

Last edited by Barty; 12-08-2016 at 02:09 PM.
Barty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2016, 08:21 AM   #1722
Vandal
PSYCHO

Quote:
Originally Posted by encol View Post
you must install KUAL-KDK-1.0.azw2, not KUAL-KDK-2.0.azw2
I did, and i got that error message
Old 12-13-2016, 08:44 AM   #1723
Vandal
PSYCHO

Actually the version wasn't the problem. I just put the helper and extension folder in the wrong place. Thank you anyway XD
Old 01-19-2017, 03:18 PM   #1724
Bryanhoop
Bryanhoop began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4
Would it be possible to change the developer name to something beginning with a period or symbol? That way KUAL will be placed at the top of my book list and not buried on page 35 that I have flip to every time I restart the framework.
Bryanhoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2017, 03:31 PM   #1725
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanhoop View Post
Would it be possible to change the developer name to something beginning with a period or symbol? That way KUAL will be placed at the top of my book list and not buried on page 35 that I have flip to every time I restart the framework.
set your view to active documents.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kindle touch, kindle touch hacks, kindlet, kual, launcher, launcher add-ons, paperwhite, sqlite, unified