Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Legacy E-Book Devices

Notices

Old 07-27-2007, 02:03 PM   #1
Leewelo
Leewelo began at the beginning.

Device: Hiebook, Ebookwise 1150
Question Hiebook software/driver/emOS HELP please

Hi,
I bought a new ebook from ebay after mine died.When I tried to patch it up and install the drivers & softwares, I found my old CD was a no-go.
Using the older versions on the CD coming with the ebay package, my hiebook does not update: books are on the memory card but not available to the operating system...
I think an update of hiesync and of emOS is required.

Could you help me please ?

In fact I would require all software & firmware at the latest version (or at least at a working one). Please PM or mail me.
If anyone has any other idea, you are welcome (by the way, I operate under WinXP, at least for hiebook operations).
Leewelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 05:30 PM   #2
imaredr
Collector
imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook
There's a thread located a few lines down that may have the solution you are looking for. Hope this link helps
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6808
imaredr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2007, 01:11 AM   #3
Leewelo

I've seen that one, and I am reluctant to use that Godspeed ebible software package since my device is not a Hiebook 2.1.0 but a 2.0.0.0 (emOS version). Without update of my emOS, it may not work and might damage the hiebook.

I would prefer not to try that now, while someone may still offer the correct updates.

Thanks anyway.
Old 07-31-2007, 04:24 PM   #4
Leewelo

Thumbs up Problem solved - Help for others

I received the help I needed.
My device should work fine soon.
Many thanks Piet :-D.

For those who may need the Hiebook software & updates, I made them available there:

I'll try to keep that archive on line since there is no other it seems.
I may complete it later, I have some mine game for Hiebook sitting somewhere for example :-), and there is still the Godspeed eBible emOS.
Old 08-04-2007, 07:44 AM   #5
Leewelo

I won't say it went as planned:
I updated my Hiebook up to emOS2.2.3 (the dictionary works).
hiDownloader (1.0.1.12 coming with hiSync 2.5.0build10) still do not activates ebooks for the hiebook once uploaded.
But the Godspeed downloader (package GEB210) that seems to be hiDownloader 1.1.1.0 in fact (? and associated to hiSync 2.6.0build15) works.
Both packages uses the same emOS usb driver.

hiDownloader seems just to upload the kml files while the Godspeed Downloader not only upload but activates them, and makes the Hiebook display the hisync icon while doing it (hiDownloader never did on that device).

I'm a bit confused, but it works.

Last edited by Leewelo; 08-04-2007 at 07:51 AM.
Old 08-06-2007, 05:20 PM   #6
250 Coupe
Groupie
250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch

Device: Many ebook readers at my house
I'm a little late but here is a link to what might be the last update before Godspeed. I have a Godspeed and as far as I can tell, there is no difference between it and the Hiebook except the bible materials.

http://www.einfosolutions.com/hiebookswdl.htm

Michael
250 Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 12:16 PM   #7
Leewelo

Thanks Michael.
I already know this site, but for more than a year, their ftp has been blocked. No download is possible without a proper account... and the webmaster do not answer its mail (if there is still even one).
Old 08-09-2007, 07:49 PM   #8
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leewelo View Post
Thanks Michael.
I already know this site, but for more than a year, their ftp has been blocked. No download is possible without a proper account... and the webmaster do not answer its mail (if there is still even one).
I suspect that you need to find an Australian to get the update for you. If you can contact one I suspect they will be able to retrieve the files.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2007, 07:20 AM   #9
honico
Hiebook nerdo
honico began at the beginning.

Device: Hiebook
Leewelo:
Get your Hiebook straightened out?

honico
//
honico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 03:31 AM   #10
Leewelo

Sure I did.
Thanks.
Old 10-08-2008, 10:31 PM   #11
honico
Hiebook nerdo
honico began at the beginning.

Device: Hiebook
I just checked out your site for the Hiebook OS and misc programs. I see it's the 2.2.3 (for the pre-210 series). I have 3.2.0.9 and 3.5.0.9 for the Hiebook look or the Godspeed look. I've only seen one 200 -it didn't work, so couldn't test the later firmware upgrades. *dang*

Would you like this later-rev stuff? It's the software necessary to switch back and forth, between the various revs. It includes both the root loader ad the OS itself. I've created a help file to make it a bit more intuitive.

I also have all the games, SDK (from Hiebook) and Modification helps for the USB-charger mod. The latter is just an internal jumper.

Let me know if this is a direction you'd like to go. I offer it as I'm send it out most every month to all points on the globe and don't really want to charge (anything) for it.

honico
//
honico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 02:12 PM   #12
Leewelo

Hi Honico.
If you recall, you send that to me (as a CD). ^^

Piet's OS update was enough to straigthen out my Hiebook. Yours brought it up to date (sort of :-D).
I never added all that to the ftp archive due to my own lazyness, general lack of interest from other people (very few visits after I put that up), and archive size (180MO for the whole hiebook package, ~60MO for the essentials).
Piet's update is enough to get an out-of-the-factory hiebook (some must still be remaining, I got one twice) to a working state.

If any is interested in the full update, message me and I will put it up.

Thanks again to Piet and Honico.