Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 04-07-2013, 11:52 AM   #241
jangell2
Addict
jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Ok, never mind. I noticed it was in my cart for $.99. Can't beat that price. And it's available to be downloaded to my pc (and into iTunes) or to my kindle. Excellent.
jangell2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 12:01 PM   #242
hwlester
Wizard
hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T1, Kindle Touch, misc. Android devices, Nook HD+
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Amazon has a new promo for Whispersync for Voice. They're giving away a free Kindle-Audible book pair each month. This month, it's:

other Whispersync Deals
I guess Amazon hasn't noticed it's April yet, or they put it up late in the month and decided to leave it up a little longer: it's still showing the deal as being The Wonderful Wizard of Oz.
hwlester is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-07-2013, 12:24 PM   #243
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by hwlester View Post
...or they put it up late in the month and decided to leave it up a little longer: it's still showing the deal as being The Wonderful Wizard of Oz.
That's what I'm thinking too. I'll keep monitoring it to see when it changes.

Quote:
FREE this month

Check back every month for a new free Whispersync for Voice pair--that's a Kindle Book plus professional narration, our treat.

> Get The Wizard of Oz Free This Month
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 12:28 PM   #244
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jangell2 View Post
Ok, never mind. I noticed it was in my cart for $.99. Can't beat that price. And it's available to be downloaded to my pc (and into iTunes) or to my kindle. Excellent.
Glad you got it sorted out.

I love these Whispersync deals. One can get some pretty good deals.
Old 04-07-2013, 01:50 PM   #245
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
I think they just put up the page early and Oz is the April pic (of course, it's been free before, otherwise I would not have had it in my library, already).
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-07-2013, 02:35 PM   #246
hwlester
Wizard
hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T1, Kindle Touch, misc. Android devices, Nook HD+
Quote:
Originally Posted by koland View Post
I think they just put up the page early and Oz is the April pic (of course, it's been free before, otherwise I would not have had it in my library, already).
Me too. I kept looking for the link to add the audio book until I realized I already had the WhisperSync audio book for it.
hwlester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 01:29 PM   #247
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Downpour Deal of the Week
Author: William Landay
Narrator: Grover Gardner
Length: 12.5 hrs - unabridged
Published: 2012 - Blackstone Audio

Quote:
Andy Barber has been an assistant district attorney in his suburban Massachusetts county for more than twenty years. He is respected in his community, tenacious in the courtroom, and happy at home with his wife, Laurie, and son, Jacob. But when a shocking crime shatters their New England town, Andy is blindsided by what happens next: his fourteen-year-old son is charged with the murder of a fellow student.

Every parental instinct Andy has rallies to protect his boy. Jacob insists that he is innocent, and Andy believes him. Andy must. He’s his father. But as damning facts and shocking revelations surface, as a marriage threatens to crumble and the trial intensifies, and as the crisis reveals how little a father knows about his son, Andy will face a trial of his own—between loyalty and justice, between truth and allegation, between a past he’s tried to bury and a future he cannot conceive.

Award-winning author William Landay has written the consummate novel of an embattled family in crisis—a suspenseful, character-driven mystery that is also a spellbinding tale of guilt, betrayal, and the terrifying speed at which our lives can spin out of control.
Old 04-12-2013, 09:48 AM   #248
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Audible is having their Semi-Annual Sale with thousands of books for $9.95 or less. (not sure if it's members only)

Ends April 26th @ 11:59 ET (US)

The link only shows "Highlights by Category" and includes only 344 books. I didn't see a way to view everything that's on sale so if anyone finds a better link please post it.

Remember, if the book has a regular price of $14.95 or more then it qualifies towards the Buy 4, get $10 listener rewards promo too (through April 30th).

Last edited by AnemicOak; 04-12-2013 at 09:54 AM.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 10:28 AM   #249
pidgeon92
Wizard
pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, Kindle Voyage, Kindle DXG, Boox M90, Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
Remember, if the book has a regular price of $14.95 or more then it qualifies towards the Buy 4, get $10 listener rewards promo too (through April 30th).
But don't you have to use 4 credits to get the $10 reward? That's more than the sale price on the books.
pidgeon92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 10:32 AM   #250
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by pidgeon92 View Post
But don't you have to use 4 credits to get the $10 reward? That's more than the sale price on the books.
You don't have to use any credits to get the reward. So far I'm at 3 books out of 4 towards the reward and one have been a credit purchase while the other two have been cheap $2.99 Whispersync for Voice linked titles that I wanted (that had a regular price higher than $14.95).
Quote:
To qualify for Listening Rewards you must purchase 4 or more audiobooks by April 30, 2013, at 11:59 PM ET (US). Audiobooks must have a regular price of $14.95 or more to be eligible for the 4 audiobook purchase minimum. Only members of an AudibleListener® plan are eligible for Listening Rewards. Limit one reward per customer. Your coupon will be placed in your account no later than May 5, 2013. You will be notified by email when the coupon is available in your account. The coupon is good for audio content only and will expire on May 31, 2013.

Last edited by AnemicOak; 04-12-2013 at 10:35 AM.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 01:46 PM   #251
skinmaan
Wizard
skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: android tablet, Kindle KB
Tantor has posted their free offering of the month. In honor of Earth Day, they are offering one of the original "getting back to nature" stories - Walden by Henry David Thoreau. The audiobook can be found here.

Enjoy!
skinmaan

PS - TM, the freebie from Radio Archives is still available but the code has changed to AUDIOBOOK. Just got it in an e-mail today. Also, I didn't see the Frankenstein title from Downpour (code frankenfree). Just trying to help.
skinmaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 02:02 PM   #252
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Quote:
Originally Posted by skinmaan View Post
Tantor has posted their free offering of the month. In honor of Earth Day, they are offering one of the original "getting back to nature" stories - Walden by Henry David Thoreau. The audiobook can be found here.

Enjoy!
skinmaan

PS - TM, the freebie from Radio Archives is still available but the code has changed to AUDIOBOOK. Just got it in an e-mail today. Also, I didn't see the Frankenstein title from Downpour (code frankenfree). Just trying to help.
You got a link on the one from Radio Archives?

The Downpour title has been posted before (and some are finding that the code must be all caps to work).
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 02:25 PM   #253
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinmaan View Post

Enjoy!
skinmaan

Walden added to OP.

Added "audiobook" -- btw, "forums" still works.

Frankenstein is already listed. It's in the "monthly" group.

Thanks for the the help. Really appreciate your efforts.
Old 04-12-2013, 02:29 PM   #254
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by koland View Post
You got a link on the one from Radio Archives?

The Downpour title has been posted before (and some are finding that the code must be all caps to work).
Radio Archives: Strange Detective Mysteries (code= forums or audiobook)

Thanks for the tip about using caps. I'll add a note to the OP.

BTW, both "Frankenstein" and "Strange Detective Mysteries" still work for me in lower case.
Old 04-12-2013, 02:55 PM   #255
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
Audible is having their Semi-Annual Sale with thousands of books for $9.95 or less. (not sure if it's members only)

Ends April 26th @ 11:59 ET (US)

The link only shows "Highlights by Category" and includes only 344 books. I didn't see a way to view everything that's on sale so if anyone finds a better link please post it.
Thanks for the tip. Added to OP.