Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 10-17-2012, 09:39 AM   #121
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Witzend View Post
Uninstall "option" doesnt appear on any Kindle menu. There are no README files in the unzipped collections folder. Only place i can see uninstall is in the /extensions/collections/sh folder where there are 2 files - uninstall.sh & uninstaller.sh. Launcher menu has "Start USBNetwork", "Games" & "Orientation" only
Ok, so read those.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 09:56 AM   #122
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Hi Everyone,
As a newbie to Kindle hacking I was intrigued & delighted to see a one step GUI interface for adding games etc. The launcher worked perfectly first time but I only opted to install games so how do I now go back to add more. Neither the install nor uninstall options appear in the Launcher menu so I appear to be in limbo
Cheers
Witzend - as in I'm at my .....
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=185562
Old 10-17-2012, 09:57 AM   #123
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Quote:
Uninstall "option" doesnt appear on any Kindle menu. There are no README files in the unzipped collections folder. Only place i can see uninstall is in the /extensions/collections/sh folder where there are 2 files - uninstall.sh & uninstaller.sh. Launcher menu has "Start USBNetwork", "Games" & "Orientation" only
That's weird. I just did the same as you did, and after installing the games (only), the main launcher menu still shows the "Install organized collections" item:
Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot_2012-10-17T13_52_11-0000.gif
Views:	344
Size:	22.5 KB
ID:	94272

Did you delete the "collections" folder from "extensions"?
Edit: you obviously didn't. But maybe you accidentally deleted the config.xml or menu.json file in there? (Or used the "uninstall menu" item?)

In any case, try to simply copy it there again, and restart the device.

Last edited by ixtab; 10-17-2012 at 10:00 AM.
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 10:57 AM   #124
Witzend
Witzend can extract oil from cheeseWitzend can extract oil from cheeseWitzend can extract oil from cheeseWitzend can extract oil from cheeseWitzend can extract oil from cheeseWitzend can extract oil from cheeseWitzend can extract oil from cheeseWitzend can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle Touch
Ok - so I deleted collections folder from extensions, made sure config.xml & menu.json are there, restarted device and still no "Install Organized Collections" option on launcher menu. Deleted config & menu files, re-copied collections folder back to extensions, restarted but still no joy. Uninstall menu item has never appeared so that rules out an accidental use. I pm'd Titano but no reply yet
Witzend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 11:03 AM   #125
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Ok - so I deleted collections folder from extensions, made sure config.xml & menu.json are there, restarted device and still no "Install Organized Collections" option on launcher menu. Deleted config & menu files, re-copied collections folder back to extensions, restarted but still no joy. Uninstall menu item has never appeared so that rules out an accidental use. I pm'd Titano but no reply yet
This may be completely unrelated, but it's worth checking anyway - which version of the GUI Launcher are you using? Make sure that it's the latest one (1.2.2).
Old 10-17-2012, 11:08 AM   #126
Witzend
Witzend can extract oil from cheeseWitzend can extract oil from cheeseWitzend can extract oil from cheeseWitzend can extract oil from cheeseWitzend can extract oil from cheeseWitzend can extract oil from cheeseWitzend can extract oil from cheeseWitzend can extract oil from cheese

Yep, it's deffo 1.2.2 (thanks to you !!). Is it worth uninstalling this then re-installing and trying collections again ??
Old 10-17-2012, 11:20 AM   #127
ixtab
(offline)

Quote:
Yep, it's deffo 1.2.2 (thanks to you !!). Is it worth uninstalling this then re-installing and trying collections again ??
I doubt it, but yeah, you have nothing to lose, so give it a try

BTW, and just for completeness: I know that GUI Launcher is behaving strangely at times - this is usually fixed by a reboot. In my defense: the Launcher is not "my" program, but yifanlu's - in other words, I don't understand every little detail of it inside out. I merely "ported" the injection vector to the 5.1.x firmware, and fixed two bugs. But 99.5% of the code is not mine...
Old 10-18-2012, 02:52 AM   #128
Witzend

Problem solved. Deleted everything from extensions folder, uninstalled Launcher, re-installed Launcher, copied Collections folder back into extensions, restart & voila, up came the "install Organized Collections" option.
All apps/games/utilities installed correctly and install menu also present
Thanks to all who got involved
Old 10-20-2012, 04:57 AM   #129
icantbebothered
Penguin
icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch 5.3.2.1
Quote:
Originally Posted by TulseLuper
Landscape web browser
Try baf's port of SkipStone.
icantbebothered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 11:27 AM   #130
Nashafa
Nashafa began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 5.2.0
this seems like an awesome idea. but any support for paperwhite?
Nashafa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 11:39 AM   #131
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nashafa View Post
this seems like an awesome idea. but any support for paperwhite?
Try it, let us know what you find.
Old 10-24-2012, 10:35 PM   #132
Titano
Definitely not King Kong
Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.

Well I guess I have some explaining to do... About two months ago I said I would have a new version by the end of the week. Clearly this is just not true. I actually got in a car accident with my mother and brother. I broke an arm and no worse for wear but my mother suffered a major brain injury and had an Epidural hemorrhage. She was in a coma for about a week and has been in recovery since then. So far everything looks good but only time will tell. So anyway, as you can guess with the busy life a teenager, a broken arm, and daily hospital visits I have not found a lot of time to use the computer. I decided to check out Mobileread today though and found out it looks like I'm dead. Just wanted to put you guys in the loop and tell you that I do plan on continuing this project, sometime..... Thanks for your understanding and sorry about the lack of communication on my part.
--Titano
Titano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 11:00 PM   #133
qlob
Official Lurker
qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3.4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Titano View Post
--Titano
Sorry to hear that...

Last edited by qlob; 10-25-2012 at 01:39 PM.
qlob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 11:13 PM   #134
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Titano View Post
--Titano
Best wishes.
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 12:23 PM   #135
icantbebothered
Penguin
icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch 5.3.2.1
Quote:
Originally Posted by twobob View Post
Best wishes.
What he said.
icantbebothered is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
apps, collection, gui launcher, launcher add-ons, organisation