Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 12-04-2011, 05:43 AM   #46
Hope
Zealot
Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360 Plus, Kindle Fire, Samsung Galaxy Tab 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by jocampo View Post
I'm not joking. The tablet does not start.

And it's kind of funny, because It happened after I played with the new Nook Tablet a few hours ago. Maybe it got jealous? hahahaha ...

It had 30 percent when I left. Hmmm ... let's see ... I think I will leave ot charging overnight and check tomorrow.
Same thing happened to me yesterday. Held the button down for 20 seconds three or four times; connected it to adapter; kept trying to turn it on and it finally came back to life. Battery was around 80%. Have no idea which procedure resurrected it.
Now - maybe since the last update - the power button is no longer orange while charging.
Hope this does not happen often.
Hope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 05:53 AM   #47
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hope View Post
Same thing happened to me yesterday. Held the button down for 20 seconds three or four times; connected it to adapter; kept trying to turn it on and it finally came back to life. Battery was around 80%. Have no idea which procedure resurrected it.
Now - maybe since the last update - the power button is no longer orange while charging.
Exchange it. My button is still orange when charging.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 09:11 AM   #48
jocampo
Layback feline
jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2nd gen, Sony DPTS1, iPad Pro 10.5"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hope View Post
I would exchange. Power and screen issues are usually hardware problems so bettter replacing the whole unit.
jocampo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 06:14 AM   #49
Andy_T
Evangelist
Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPod touch, iPhone, iPad, Kindle KB, NT, Fire, PW II
I also had a strange occurrence on the weekend ... gave my Fire to my kids for playing while I was driving and when we were having tea at a friends place, and after about 90 minutes it simply did not re-start after being turned off.

When I got home I put it to the charger, and it immediately went on, displaying a 66% charged battery. So I'm happy that it is working, but not so happy as I can not really explain that behaviour. Will carry a micro USB cable with me in the future...

Best regards,
Andy
Andy_T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 06:22 AM   #50
bjones6416
↓↓ Skirt!! Earrings!!
bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Acer netbook, JetBook Lite, Sony PRS-300, Kindle 2, Kindle Fire
My sister has called me a couple of times telling me her fire wouldn't come on. I just chalked it up to one of those Android things that happens when the system gets mad at you for having too many things running and shuts down. . Both times I've told her to hold the button down for 20 seconds and it should restart and I think it worked both times. Now I wonder if she's got a defective unit, though.
bjones6416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 06:26 AM   #51
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy_T View Post
I also had a strange occurrence on the weekend ... gave my Fire to my kids for playing while I was driving and when we were having tea at a friends place, and after about 90 minutes it simply did not re-start after being turned off.

When I got home I put it to the charger, and it immediately went on, displaying a 66% charged battery. So I'm happy that it is working, but not so happy as I can not really explain that behaviour. Will carry a micro USB cable with me in the future...

Best regards,
Andy
It could be a similar issue or it could of been an app crashed or they closed something they shouldn't. Did you try a hard reset?
Old 12-05-2011, 09:42 AM   #52
Andy_T
Evangelist
Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPod touch, iPhone, iPad, Kindle KB, NT, Fire, PW II
No, no hard reset was required or possible. As I mentioned, when I connected it to the power, the screen immediately went on and the load indicator displayed "charging". I immediately disconnected the charger and it worked fine, showing a 66% charge.

Before that, I could hit/hold/whatever the single button without any reaction. No turning on, no hard reset, no nothing. Disclaimer, however ... I do not know if I held down the power button for a full 20 seconds. On the other hand, that would not have helped me at all at this point in time, being away from home with a kindle reset to factory defaults. I was keeping that as a last resort in case charging would not work, but it worked.

Best regards,
Andy

Last edited by Andy_T; 12-05-2011 at 09:45 AM.
Andy_T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 12:02 PM   #53
bjones6416
↓↓ Skirt!! Earrings!!
bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Acer netbook, JetBook Lite, Sony PRS-300, Kindle 2, Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy_T View Post
No, no hard reset was required or possible. As I mentioned, when I connected it to the power, the screen immediately went on and the load indicator displayed "charging". I immediately disconnected the charger and it worked fine, showing a 66% charge.

Before that, I could hit/hold/whatever the single button without any reaction. No turning on, no hard reset, no nothing. Disclaimer, however ... I do not know if I held down the power button for a full 20 seconds. On the other umuhand, that would not have helped me at all at this point in time, being away from home with a kindle reset to factory defaults. I was keeping that as a last resort in case charging would not work, but it worked.

Best regards,
Andy
The 20 sec thing doesn't reset to factory default, at least in my experience. It's recommended in the Kindle guide in the Docs section as a way to wake up an unresponsive unit. But I guess it might in some cases so please don't try it based on what I say.
bjones6416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 12:28 PM   #54
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjones6416 View Post
The 20 sec thing doesn't reset to factory default, at least in my experience. It's recommended in the Kindle guide in the Docs section as a way to wake up an unresponsive unit. But I guess it might in some cases so please don't try it based on what I say.
Yes, there is an option under "Device" that would reset it to factory default. ... but of course you have to boot up to get there.
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 12:49 PM   #55
hillncharge
hillncharge has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.hillncharge has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.hillncharge has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle 2, Kindle Fire, Color Nook, Nook Tablet
I had the same problem with my tablet being dead. It worked for two days and then wouldn't charge. I called Amazon support and they sent me another charger. The fire still would not charge. Finally, they agreed to send to me another one. So far, so good.
hillncharge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 01:27 PM   #56
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillncharge View Post
I had the same problem with my tablet being dead. It worked for two days and then wouldn't charge. I called Amazon support and they sent me another charger. The fire still would not charge. Finally, they agreed to send to me another one. So far, so good.
I'm curious those who are having this issue was it before and after the 6.2 update I was reading on another forum. A person had a similar issue and their charger light no longer worked after the 6.2 update.
Old 12-05-2011, 01:29 PM   #57
hillncharge
hillncharge has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.hillncharge has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.hillncharge has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle 2, Kindle Fire, Color Nook, Nook Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
I'm curious those who are having this issue was it before and after the 6.2 update I was reading on another forum. A person had a similar issue and their charger light no longer worked after the 6.2 update.
It was before the 6.2 update.
hillncharge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 01:34 PM   #58
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillncharge View Post
It was before the 6.2 update.
Okay thanks... There's goes out that theory.
Old 12-05-2011, 04:42 PM   #59
Hope
Zealot
Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360 Plus, Kindle Fire, Samsung Galaxy Tab 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
Mine was AFTER the 6.2 update.
Hey, I'm in Murphy, NC, we're practically neighbors.
Hope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 07:15 PM   #60
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Just noticed something that fits here. A few times when I plugged my Fire in to the charger recently the light (green or red) neither came on.... I unplug it and plug it back in and then it comes on.....
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote