Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 11-14-2011, 08:09 PM   #1
granturissimus
Enthusiast
granturissimus began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi
can i remove the cover image from the end of epub book?

i got a non DRM book that's in epub format. at the end of the book there is a picture of the cover. when i converted to book to mobi, the cover remains at the end of the book.

can i remove cover from the end of the book? i would just like to keep the one in the front of the book.
granturissimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 08:54 PM   #2
ldolse
Wizard
ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.

Device: PRS-650, iPhone
You should be able to eliminate it using search and replace during conversion, but it might be simpler for you to use Sigil and delete it directly before converting to mobi.
ldolse is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-14-2011, 09:14 PM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by granturissimus View Post
i got a non DRM book that's in epub format. at the end of the book there is a picture of the cover. when i converted to book to mobi, the cover remains at the end of the book.

can i remove cover from the end of the book? i would just like to keep the one in the front of the book.
You could just use Tweak (EPUB) and simply delete the back cover image (note the manifest will be (minor) wrong and a missing image mark will appear in the book. To clear those requires more knowledge, but if you are not submitting the book for publication, those errors will be minor.
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote