Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Color & Nook Tablet

Notices

Old 12-03-2010, 01:39 PM   #1
Lastblade
Nookie are we
Lastblade ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lastblade ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lastblade ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lastblade ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lastblade ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lastblade ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lastblade ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lastblade ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lastblade ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lastblade ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lastblade ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nooks with and without color
NookColor: Oversensitive keyboard

I definitely have an oversensitive keyboard, even with the antiglare film, I usually type like thissss. It is so easy to put in multiple of the same characters even though I am not holding the button down. Is this a defect and I should return for another?
Lastblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 01:40 PM   #2
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
When in doubt, swap it out!
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-03-2010, 01:50 PM   #3
exodus1999
Enthusiast
exodus1999 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.exodus1999 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.exodus1999 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Nook classic, nook color
yea i think its a glitch , im having the same problem, sometimes it clicks the wrong button too. its been doing it since day one and even before i put the film in. none of the locals had any to swap it thought. =(
exodus1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 03:11 PM   #4
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3; Kobo Aura One; iPad Mini 5
Is your NC plugged into the wall at the same time that you are typing on the keyboard? I have had this problem only when trying to use the keyboard while my NC is charging. Unplugged it's fine. I have seen other people note the same thing, and it appears to be a common problem. If you are unplugged and still having an issue, then maybe there is a problem with your device.
Bookworm_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 04:16 PM   #5
coolbreeze
Addict
coolbreeze plays well with otherscoolbreeze plays well with otherscoolbreeze plays well with otherscoolbreeze plays well with otherscoolbreeze plays well with otherscoolbreeze plays well with otherscoolbreeze plays well with otherscoolbreeze plays well with otherscoolbreeze plays well with otherscoolbreeze plays well with otherscoolbreeze plays well with others

Device: Nook Color, White 3G K3
No need to swap, most likely.

It's just the lagginess of Android. My evo did the same thing. Android just isn't as silky-smooth as iOS.
coolbreeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-03-2010, 04:47 PM   #6
madsquabbles
Groupie
madsquabbles shines like a glazed doughnut.madsquabbles shines like a glazed doughnut.madsquabbles shines like a glazed doughnut.madsquabbles shines like a glazed doughnut.madsquabbles shines like a glazed doughnut.madsquabbles shines like a glazed doughnut.madsquabbles shines like a glazed doughnut.madsquabbles shines like a glazed doughnut.madsquabbles shines like a glazed doughnut.madsquabbles shines like a glazed doughnut.madsquabbles shines like a glazed doughnut.

Device: samsung 8.9, galaxy note 10.1, galaxy note 2, nook hd+, ipad
i think it may be a real problem. there are a few at xda having the same issues (including mine) and supposedly some display models are experiencing it also.

there's supposed to be a youtube video showing it happen but i've never bothered looking it up.
madsquabbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 05:23 PM   #7
aagstn
Evangelist
aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3, iPad mini 2
My touchscreen is unusable when plugged in, but works fine unplugged. Hoping this gets fixed in the next firmware upgrade.
aagstn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 06:03 PM   #8
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolbreeze View Post
No need to swap, most likely.

It's just the lagginess of Android. My evo did the same thing. Android just isn't as silky-smooth as iOS.
I don't know about not being silky smooth as iOS. I don't have this problem on my Windows Mobile 6.5 phone nor on my NOOKcolor.

Also, I have no problems using the screen when it's plugged in.

That's why I said exchange it.
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 06:57 PM   #9
Lastblade
Nookie are we
Lastblade ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lastblade ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lastblade ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lastblade ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lastblade ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lastblade ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lastblade ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lastblade ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lastblade ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lastblade ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lastblade ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nooks with and without color
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookworm_Girl View Post
Is your NC plugged into the wall at the same time that you are typing on the keyboard? I have had this problem only when trying to use the keyboard while my NC is charging. Unplugged it's fine. I have seen other people note the same thing, and it appears to be a common problem. If you are unplugged and still having an issue, then maybe there is a problem with your device.
It is not plugged in. When I charge it, I leave it alone so it charges faster.
Lastblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 09:07 PM   #10
French
Groupie
French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Actually, I think your antiglare film could be the problem. Seriously. Try taking it off and see how it responds.
French is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 09:19 PM   #11
zeroh
Zealot
zeroh doesn't litterzeroh doesn't litter

Device: nook color
I'm typing this on my new nook color that I just got today! With the charging cable plugged in, I had the letters repeating on every word. I unplugged it after "nook color" and it's been perfectly fine. I also have the clear protector on as well. I put it on before I turned this badboy on so I can't tell you how it was without it. Actually, I just got one repeating character on the previous sentence. Still a world of difference.
zeroh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 09:41 PM   #12
aagstn
Evangelist
aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3, iPad mini 2
OK, I'm sending mine in for repairs then, definitely something wrong.
aagstn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 10:21 PM   #13
ZeroTX
New Reader
ZeroTX began at the beginning.

Device: NOOK Color
I would hardly call iOS "silky smooth"... Even on my wife's iPhone 4, it can at times be laggy. I'm not impressed, especially with how each progressive release got slower and slower.
ZeroTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 02:19 AM   #14
coolbreeze
Addict
coolbreeze plays well with otherscoolbreeze plays well with otherscoolbreeze plays well with otherscoolbreeze plays well with otherscoolbreeze plays well with otherscoolbreeze plays well with otherscoolbreeze plays well with otherscoolbreeze plays well with otherscoolbreeze plays well with otherscoolbreeze plays well with otherscoolbreeze plays well with others

Device: Nook Color, White 3G K3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroTX View Post
I would hardly call iOS "silky smooth"... Even on my wife's iPhone 4, it can at times be laggy. I'm not impressed, especially with how each progressive release got slower and slower.
Not to launch into a debate about Apple products, but it's an obvious fact that the overall experience (typing, scrolling, zooming) is WAY smoother on iOS than Android. Period.

I have two iP4's (work, personal), an iPad a color nook and have had an EVO in the past. That doesn't make me an expert, but my experience way confirms that Android is stuttery in general whereas with iOS, it's a rare event (but of course can happen).

Just my opinion.
coolbreeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 09:26 AM   #15
boswd
Banned
boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: The Nook, Nook color and Droid X
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolbreeze View Post
Not to launch into a debate about Apple products, but it's an obvious fact that the overall experience (typing, scrolling, zooming) is WAY smoother on iOS than Android. Period.

I have two iP4's (work, personal), an iPad a color nook and have had an EVO in the past. That doesn't make me an expert, but my experience way confirms that Android is stuttery in general whereas with iOS, it's a rare event (but of course can happen).

Just my opinion.

ohhh plueez I have the Droid X and with Froyo 2.2 is just as smooth as the iPhone 4 I came from an iPhone.

Apple fanboys are stuck on old android OS from two years ago and keep using the same recycled arguments.

pure and utter nonsense.

Apple and Kindle boy you loved to be controlled don't ya j/k

Last edited by boswd; 12-04-2010 at 09:42 AM.
boswd is offline   Reply With Quote