Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 06-10-2020, 07:18 PM   #1
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
PageEdit Dark Mode

Windows 10 Pro version 1909 - I've been using dark mode since version 1809.

I recently upgraded to PageEdit 1.2 (I skipped 1.1) and I'm getting this:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Annotation 2020-06-11 083652.jpg
Views:	208
Size:	504.2 KB
ID:	179835

I tried setting a PAGEEDIT_USES_DARK_MODE User environment variable to '0' and to '1', but it made no difference. Black text on a charcoal background is hard to read.

So, how can I get rid of the dark mode effect? Apart from changing the Windows setting itself or reverting to PE 1.0.

BR
Attached Files
File Type: epub DOCX Demo - Kovid Goyal.epub (61.7 KB, 185 views)

Last edited by BetterRed; 06-10-2020 at 07:23 PM. Reason: attach the book
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2020, 07:46 PM   #2
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Using PAGEEDIT_USES_DARK_MODE to override the system setting works fine for me on Windows 10 with PageEdit 1.2.0 (0 to disable; anything else enables dark mode). If you're launching from Sigil, you may need restart Sigil after changing the env var.

But there's also a PageEdit preference setting to (Appearance section, PageEdit tab) to enable/disable simulating a dark appearance in Dark Mode. Uncheck the box and it will render in the colors the Book's css specifies. Even if PageEdit is dark themed.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-10-2020, 07:53 PM   #3
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

It usually works fine with books that don't try to force normal body-text colors, but that's why the option is there.
Old 06-10-2020, 08:46 PM   #4
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
Using PAGEEDIT_USES_DARK_MODE to override the system setting works fine for me on Windows 10 with PageEdit 1.2.0 (0 to disable; anything else enables dark mode). If you're launching from Sigil, you may need restart Sigil after changing the env var.

But there's also a PageEdit preference setting to (Appearance section, PageEdit tab) to enable/disable simulating a dark appearance in Dark Mode. Uncheck the box and it will render in the colors the Book's css specifies. Even if PageEdit is dark themed.
Unchecking that option fixed it, I think I missed seeing the tab panels in Preferences->Appearance when looking for something .

All good now - thanks

BR
Old 06-10-2020, 09:44 PM   #5
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer

No prob. There's a similar setting for Sigil's Preview, by the way.
Advert
Old 06-10-2020, 11:52 PM   #6
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)

I'm yet to upgrade to Sigil 1.2, but now I know to watch out for it when I do.

BR