Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 06-10-2020, 03:22 PM   #61
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by eschwartz View Post
FWIW my sigil-git development package is available on the Arch Linux AUR and trivializes the process of building sigil from the latest github code. I've even rebuilt it just now for the latest changes, and uploaded the results to https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php...ries#eschwartz

Debug symbols are included if you install sigil-git-debug in addition to sigil-git.
Thanks. Will be handy for verifying that we didn't break anything package-related. Using the system mathjax on Linux was one of the things I was worried about, but that appears to have been accounted for.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2020, 03:24 PM   #62
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinH View Post
With this Interceptor in place, this should not happen as easily anymore.
Or not at all if javascript in epubs is not allowed, right?
Advert
Old 06-10-2020, 03:34 PM   #63
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
Even if javascript is enabled as long as we do not allow unknown url schemes and load the base page using a file:// url, we should be safe. We also allow the Sigil user to disallow access to remote content and we block all POST methods. So I am feeling better about things.

Assuming we can figure out why BeckyEbook's won't work, I will clean this up to output only blocked messages to QDebug.

Until the time of our next release (however long that might be) we can work on hardening it even more if need be.
KevinH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2020, 03:39 PM   #64
BeckyEbook
Guru
BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle (Key3, PW2, PW3), Nook (ST, GLP), Kobo Touch, Tolino Vision 2
I was able to do a new build on Linux Arch
Styles and pictures work. No console errors.
I don't know how to force a dark theme, but that's another problem not related to this thread.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	sigil-linux-arch.png
Views:	134
Size:	536.5 KB
ID:	179831  
BeckyEbook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2020, 03:44 PM   #65
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Wonderful. I will clean up the debug output and push a less verbose version.

Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeckyEbook View Post
I was able to do a new build on Linux Arch
Styles and pictures work. No console errors.
I don't know how to force a dark theme, but that's another problem not related to this thread.
Advert
Old 06-10-2020, 04:02 PM   #66
KevinH
Sigil Developer

Pushed cleaned up version to master
Old 06-10-2020, 07:55 PM   #67
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer

For those playing along, I think I've got the built-in Sigil dark theme (Linux and Windows) working (I think) for all Qt versions again.