Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 02-20-2021, 12:09 PM   #1
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Horror writer Guy N. Smith - death due to complications of Covid-19

Actually, I just now learned this, but he died on December 24, 2020.

Here's some additional information, available from the site below:

https://downthetubes.net/?p=123907
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2021, 02:15 PM   #2
hofferbeth
hofferbeth began at the beginning.

Device: kindle fire
Hey Dr. Drib - glad to see that another horror writer (you) are alive and still writing! Just sent an email after not having heard from you in quite some time. Let's remedy that!

-Beth
hofferbeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-22-2021, 10:31 PM   #3
Paperbackstash
Wizard
Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, PW 3, 4, 5, Fire HD 2012, Fire HD 8 (8th Gen)
A shame to hear.
Paperbackstash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2021, 10:44 PM   #4
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
That's sad.
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2021, 06:37 AM   #5
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hofferbeth View Post
Hey Dr. Drib - glad to see that another horror writer (you) are alive and still writing! Just sent an email after not having heard from you in quite some time. Let's remedy that!

-Beth

You have mail!
Advert
Old 03-07-2021, 05:56 PM   #6
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
I haven't yet read any Guy N. Smith. But I remember Neil Gaiman briefly discussing him on the radio show Wait, Wait, Don't Tell Me.

Here's a transcript:
Quote:
I did a book called "Ghastly Beyond Belief," which was a book of quotations from the worst science fiction and fantasy books that we could find.

Books like "Night of the Crab," by Guy N. Smith. A book which includes the immortal line, "he wasn't going to leave her alone that night, crabs or no crabs."

But they were huge giant crabs that were coming out of the sea, menacing the world.
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2021, 01:52 PM   #7
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodWallop View Post

"Crabs or no crabs."

Wonderful line. I think I've used it a couple of times in my life, before I started writing...
Old 03-28-2021, 04:58 PM   #8
Prestidigitweeze
Fledgling Demagogue
Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Oasis 2; Aura HD; iPad Air; PRS-350; Galaxy S7.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodWallop View Post
I haven't yet read any Guy N. Smith. But I remember Neil Gaiman briefly discussing him on the radio show Wait, Wait, Don't Tell Me.

Here's a transcript:

"'he wasn't going to leave her alone that night, crabs or no crabs.'

"But they were huge giant crabs that were coming out of the sea, menacing the world."
Are you alluding, my Good Sir, to battles with giant enemy crabs, as chronicled in Japanese history?

Last edited by Prestidigitweeze; 03-28-2021 at 05:00 PM.
Prestidigitweeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2021, 07:58 PM   #9
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prestidigitweeze View Post
Are you alluding, my Good Sir, to battles with giant enemy crabs, as chronicled in Japanese history?

Alas, your video is dead. Please tell me it had something to do with this guy:
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2021, 08:11 AM   #10
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer

Here's a nice, cheesy cover.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	cover.jpg
Views:	229
Size:	69.1 KB
ID:	186203