Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 04-17-2018, 09:07 PM   #1
omro
Addict
omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Backlight options missing

I recently updated my Kobo and I no longer have an option to turn on or change the backlight brightness. The icon next to the wifi icon is missing and the left side of screen slider is also missing.

Is this just me?

Anyone know how to fix this?
omro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 10:07 PM   #2
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Does the Aura HD have a button for the light? If so, try that. If I remember rightly, the light icon on the Glo disappears when I use the button to turn the light off (but it's been a long time since I tried this).

Otherwise, have you restarted the device? And you can try manually reinstalling the firmware package. That seems to fix a few weird little things like this. Make sure you get the right package, and use all of it.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-17-2018, 10:12 PM   #3
omro
Addict
omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
Does the Aura HD have a button for the light? If so, try that. If I remember rightly, the light icon on the Glo disappears when I use the button to turn the light off (but it's been a long time since I tried this).

Otherwise, have you restarted the device? And you can try manually reinstalling the firmware package. That seems to fix a few weird little things like this. Make sure you get the right package, and use all of it.
Thank you, I have never turned the backlight off, so I never realised it did that. I feel quite stupid, lol.

Thank you again!
omro is offline   Reply With Quote