Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 12-20-2023, 02:06 PM   #406
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwidude View Post
To be honest I have no interest in downloading 7.x again myself at the moment having seen all the problems being reported. My advice for anyone right now is to just go back to the last 6.x version and give the calibre devs more time to work through their issues. I don't have the time or energy right now to deal with any breaking changes.
This is caused by the changes to finish initializing the GUI to avoid the flashing white screen. Problem: plugin "initialization_complete" is now before widget layout has actually completed, which caused changes made by view manager to be lost. I submitted changes to move the call to after widget layout is done.

Kovid is changing the initialization code, which will probably fix it as well. I submitted my changes in case he wants to make a release before his new stuff is ready. If nothing else the changes might help him ensure the same thing doesn't happen with the new code.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2023, 05:26 PM   #407
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
Weirdly, I haven't the issue. I do have the Action Chain that auto-switches views when switching VLs, I wonder if that could've worked around it.
ownedbycats is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2023, 05:40 PM   #408
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ownedbycats View Post
Weirdly, I haven't the issue. I do have the Action Chain that auto-switches views when switching VLs, I wonder if that could've worked around it.
It is only the set-view-on-startup that is failing because it is processed before the GUI is stable. Any later set-view will work as intended.

The action chains code waits 250 msec before it processes the VL tab changed event, which gives the GUI time to stabilize.
Old 12-20-2023, 07:14 PM   #409
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
FWIW: I don't have any View Manager problems at start up.
  • I don't use Action Chains;
  • I start with last library used;
  • On some libraries I use the Prefs->Behaviour->Virtual library to apply when the current library is opened: setting;
  • In VM, each library has a specific Automatically apply view: setting. Sample attached.
BR
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2023-12-21 105334.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	98.0 KB
ID:	205358  

Last edited by BetterRed; 12-20-2023 at 07:20 PM. Reason: attachment
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2023, 08:11 PM   #410
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
In my case, I have Preferences > Behaviour set to apply 'Currently Reading' VL, my VM settings to apply the 'Currently Reading' VM on startup. None of my views have VLs attached to them, aside from clearing search restrictions:

Name:	2023-12-20 21_12_31-Customize View Manager.png
Views:	69
Size:	49.5 KB
ID:	205362

Which is why I was thinking it was Action Chains that switched the view on me:

Name:	2023-12-20 21_10_14-Switch To VL View.png
Views:	56
Size:	14.4 KB
ID:	205361
ownedbycats is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2023, 09:36 PM   #411
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
This is caused by the changes to finish initializing the GUI to avoid the flashing white screen. Problem: plugin "initialization_complete" is now before widget layout has actually completed, which caused changes made by view manager to be lost. I submitted changes to move the call to after widget layout is done.

Kovid is changing the initialization code, which will probably fix it as well. I submitted my changes in case he wants to make a release before his new stuff is ready. If nothing else the changes might help him ensure the same thing doesn't happen with the new code.
Thanks for the info chaley and for looking into it. I have had a half dozen different issues reported for 7.x users which either have been (or hopefully will be) addressed by further calibre 7.x fixes. Hence why I just wanted to mention on the forums why I am not actively trying to jump onto any stuff being raised with my plugins at the moment. That and a lack of time from my real job/life of course. Hopefully the problems will settle down over the coming weeks.
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2023, 07:59 AM   #412
chaley
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwidude View Post
Thanks for the info chaley and for looking into it. I have had a half dozen different issues reported for 7.x users which either have been (or hopefully will be) addressed by further calibre 7.x fixes. Hence why I just wanted to mention on the forums why I am not actively trying to jump onto any stuff being raised with my plugins at the moment. That and a lack of time from my real job/life of course. Hopefully the problems will settle down over the coming weeks.
Kovid's changes are now in calibre source. The changes fix the problems that I know of with this plugin. Using my eyeball metrics, startup now seems to be a touch faster as well.
Old 01-07-2024, 05:12 AM   #413
Zillion_
Enthusiast
Zillion_ began at the beginning.

Device: KindleOasis10thGen
Thumbs up

Hello, I can confirm the issue is fixed in 7.3, thanks all.
Zillion_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2024, 12:01 AM   #414
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
View Manager v1.10.3

Release Notes
https://github.com/kiwidude68/calibr...anager-v1.10.3
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2024, 01:41 PM   #415
un_pogaz
Chalut o/
un_pogaz understands the importance of being earnest.un_pogaz understands the importance of being earnest.un_pogaz understands the importance of being earnest.un_pogaz understands the importance of being earnest.un_pogaz understands the importance of being earnest.un_pogaz understands the importance of being earnest.un_pogaz understands the importance of being earnest.un_pogaz understands the importance of being earnest.un_pogaz understands the importance of being earnest.un_pogaz understands the importance of being earnest.un_pogaz understands the importance of being earnest.

Device: Kobo
Suggestion:
Add a option to edit the width of a column. Like a button or a context menu to pop-up a dialog that allow to edit manualy the width of the selected column.
The 'Save View Columns' action is not realy handfull for that because you need to leave the config dialog and it can be very inconvenient if you have a lot of edit to make.
un_pogaz is offline   Reply With Quote