Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 07-24-2018, 11:54 AM   #301
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Huawei MediaPad M5, LG V30, Boyue T80S, Nexus 7 LTE, K3 3G, Fire HD8
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckieTigger View Post
That makes actually sense. If you buy a gift card, then Amazon has to pay the money you redeem. As long as it works still on ebooks, I am happy.
But will it work for big publisher ebooks? I stopped using the slow ship when it didn't work for big publisher ebooks anymore in the US a few years ago. It says "Offer only applies to products sold by Amazon.com or digital content sold by Amazon Digital Services, Inc." Big publisher ebooks are sold by the publisher, not Amazon. I recently started using slow ship again, so it probably means I can't use the credits for big publishers anymore.
Purple Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2018, 12:41 PM   #302
Sydney's Mom
Wizard
Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Fire 3d Gen and 5th Gen and Samsung Tab S
I use slow ship for movie rentals. I used slow ship for most of my prime day purchases, and I got them all in 4 days.
Sydney's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-24-2018, 02:17 PM   #303
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Oasis 2, PW3, PW1, KT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Lady View Post
But will it work for big publisher ebooks? I stopped using the slow ship when it didn't work for big publisher ebooks anymore in the US a few years ago. It says "Offer only applies to products sold by Amazon.com or digital content sold by Amazon Digital Services, Inc." Big publisher ebooks are sold by the publisher, not Amazon. I recently started using slow ship again, so it probably means I can't use the credits for big publishers anymore.
I wouldn't know. Big publisher books are not on my radar to buy normally.
DuckieTigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2018, 02:39 PM   #304
Apache
Readaholic
Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Surface Pro 6 / Galaxy Tab A 8"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Lady View Post
It may not work for the big publishers, but it works for Baen and that makes me happy.
Apache
Apache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2018, 07:04 PM   #305
frahse
occasional author
frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: Wandering God's glorious hills, valleys and plains.
Device: A Franklin BI (before Internet) was the first. I still have it.
I am beginning to think that we need here on Mobile Read an "Amazon Slow Shipping Wikipedia."

The "ins and outs" for the last penny (or day) of satisfaction!
frahse is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-27-2018, 02:34 PM   #306
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by frahse View Post
I am beginning to think that we need here on Mobile Read an "Amazon Slow Shipping Wikipedia."

The "ins and outs" for the last penny (or day) of satisfaction!
Or two new forums:

"Amazon thrills me"

and

"Amazon, die, die, die"

fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2018, 06:06 PM   #307
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by fjtorres View Post
Or two new forums:

"Amazon thrills me"

and

"Amazon, die, die, die"

tubemonkey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2018, 10:25 PM   #308
frahse
occasional author
frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

It's good to see we can still laugh at ourselves.
Old 08-05-2018, 09:17 AM   #309
frahse
occasional author

Quote:
Originally Posted by fjtorres View Post
Or two new forums:

"Amazon thrills me"

and

"Amazon, die, die, die"

Or taking a lesson from the great Tolkien.

-- "my precious, my precious"

and

--"Nasty disturbing uncomfortable things! Make you late for dinner!"
Old 08-12-2018, 04:30 PM   #310
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Well, right now I am very unhappy with Amazon's delivery. I placed an order July 30th, it shows as having shipped from Amazon on August 1st. Tracking still shows as "It's on the way" with an expected delivery data of Aug. 7th (doesn't say what year...). The last update was on Wednesday, August 1st. Amazon's customer service has been rather unhelpful as to why the order is taking so long other than it is somewhere between Mississauga and Vancouver. I don't want to contact the seller since the blasted order is "fulfilled by Amazon" and the item still shows as in stock.

If Murphy was right, now that I've written this gripe, it'll show up early on Monday, Aug 13th.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 01:02 PM   #311
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
Well, right now I am very unhappy with Amazon's delivery. I placed an order July 30th, it shows as having shipped from Amazon on August 1st. Tracking still shows as "It's on the way" with an expected delivery data of Aug. 7th (doesn't say what year...). The last update was on Wednesday, August 1st. Amazon's customer service has been rather unhelpful as to why the order is taking so long other than it is somewhere between Mississauga and Vancouver. I don't want to contact the seller since the blasted order is "fulfilled by Amazon" and the item still shows as in stock.

If Murphy was right, now that I've written this gripe, it'll show up early on Monday, Aug 13th.
Did Amazon or the third party seller not give you a link to track the package?
ZodWallop is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 01:47 PM   #312
shalym
Wizard
shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW 1, 2, 3, Voyage, Oasis 2 & 3, Fires, Aura HD, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodWallop View Post
Exactly...what service is being used for delivery?

Shari
shalym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 03:02 PM   #313
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodWallop View Post
I thought that was clear from the original message?

Quote:
Tracking still shows as "It's on the way" with an expected delivery data of Aug. 7th (doesn't say what year...). The last update was on Wednesday, August 1st. Amazon's customer service has been rather unhelpful as to why the order is taking so long other than it is somewhere between Mississauga and Vancouver. I don't want to contact the seller since the blasted order is "fulfilled by Amazon" and the item still shows as in stock.
As of this moment, it is still lost in that space-time warp between Mississauga and Vancouver. As long as it arrives in time for Sept. 7th, no problems. If it does not arrive by then, I'll be very ticked off -- the 'perfect' birthday present is not much use if it is a belated birthday present.
Old 08-13-2018, 03:05 PM   #314
DNSB
Bibliophagist

Quote:
Originally Posted by shalym View Post
Exactly...what service is being used for delivery?

Shari
See previous message and Amazon is the delivery service. The package has left YVZ1 and is somewhere en route.
Old 08-13-2018, 04:04 PM   #315
shalym
Wizard
shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW 1, 2, 3, Voyage, Oasis 2 & 3, Fires, Aura HD, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
See previous message and Amazon is the delivery service. The package has left YVZ1 and is somewhere en route.
Ah...Sorry--I didn't realize that was possible. I've never had a package where Amazon was the delivery service. Mine have always been either UPS, FedEx, or the regular post office.

Shari
shalym is offline   Reply With Quote