Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 04-09-2018, 12:58 PM   #1
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
PaperWhite $40 for Prime members?

I saw on another forum that someone claimed to have bought a new PaperWhite 3 for $40 from Amazon. The starting price is $120 with two $40 discounts applied. I tried myself and saw the same thing.

Bug or just a really good deal?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	img1.gif
Views:	341
Size:	19.0 KB
ID:	163341   Click image for larger version

Name:	img2.gif
Views:	334
Size:	23.7 KB
ID:	163342   Click image for larger version

Name:	img3.gif
Views:	331
Size:	26.9 KB
ID:	163343  
jhowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 01:09 PM   #2
rem736
purpose priority passion
rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony prs-350, b&n ngp, rM2, kindle scribe, boox poke5
i don't want another kindle, but tried it just to see. how did you get the additional $40 discount? i could only check out with $79.99.
rem736 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-09-2018, 01:11 PM   #3
vrf
Addict
vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2, Voyage, Paperwhite 2, Kindle Touch, Kindle Keyboard, iPad Pro
And now the Paperwhite is unavailable? Wow. Maybe lots of $40 PW3 sold in the last few minutes before they caught the bug?
Or maybe new PW4 incoming.
vrf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 01:28 PM   #4
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rem736 View Post
i don't want another kindle, but tried it just to see. how did you get the additional $40 discount? i could only check out with $79.99.
The first $40 came off when I put it in the cart. Another $40 came off at checkout leaving a final price of $39.99. See the last screenshot.
Old 04-09-2018, 01:30 PM   #5
vrf
Addict
vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2, Voyage, Paperwhite 2, Kindle Touch, Kindle Keyboard, iPad Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhowell View Post
The first $40 came off when I put it in the cart. Another $40 came off at checkout leaving a final price of $39.99. See the last screenshot.
Nice score. Let us know if they actually ship it.
vrf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-09-2018, 01:31 PM   #6
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by vrf View Post
And now the Paperwhite is unavailable? Wow. Maybe lots of $40 PW3 sold in the last few minutes before they caught the bug?
Or maybe new PW4 incoming.
It looks like they caught on to the double discount and removed it from sale. You snooze, you lose!

A new PaperWhite with bluetooth and Audible would be a sensible addition to the lineup. Maybe the $40 discount is meant to burn off stock. $80 off was just too good to be intentional.
Old 04-09-2018, 01:34 PM   #7
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by vrf View Post
Nice score. Let us know if they actually ship it.
I didn't click the buy button. I am happy with my Oasis.
Old 04-09-2018, 01:36 PM   #8
cc_in_oh
Bob's my uncle
cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Beware - while I was looking at the $105 Fire HD10 the price changed to $110...
cc_in_oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 02:30 PM   #9
janrey
Groupie
janrey can program the VCR without an owner's manual.janrey can program the VCR without an owner's manual.janrey can program the VCR without an owner's manual.janrey can program the VCR without an owner's manual.janrey can program the VCR without an owner's manual.janrey can program the VCR without an owner's manual.janrey can program the VCR without an owner's manual.janrey can program the VCR without an owner's manual.janrey can program the VCR without an owner's manual.janrey can program the VCR without an owner's manual.janrey can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kindle3, Voyage
I think they are quietly discontinuing or coming out with a new model of the paperwhite. The extra $40 off for prime members was probably legit. They maybe discontinuing the Voyage as well because only model is with special offers and wifi only

Well it is back at $99.99 for prime members. Maybe a flash deal?

Found it, it was gold box deal that has expired. It was marked down to $79.99 and then prime members got an additional $40 off.

Last edited by janrey; 04-09-2018 at 02:44 PM.
janrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 06:09 PM   #10
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
I still see the $79 price with Prime for the Paperwhite. The Kindle Basic is currently $49 with Prime. I'm not in the market for either, but these are good deals.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 11:09 PM   #11
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Aww, missed it. Although probably a good thing since I'll likely be tempted to get a PW4 either way.
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 12:29 PM   #12
Wearever
Wizard
Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2,Voyage, Kindlle hdx 8.9, Ipad mini 4. Air 2
I saw that deal too, $40 for a new Paperwhite 3 is a great deal. I'm also wondering if they are selling stock and making room for a newer Paperwhlte to be released soon. I kinda hope it's a hybrid between the Voyage and PW3. In any case I hope they keep the same battery, and keep the cost down.
Wearever is offline   Reply With Quote