Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals, Freebies, and Resources (No Self-Promotion)

Notices

Old 11-13-2017, 08:28 AM   #1006
sufue
lost in my e-reader...
sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Sony T1, Nook ST Glowlight, Galaxy Tab 7 Plus
Cross-post to the mystery/thriller thread for a free "romantic thriller" novella, The Staircase, by Deryn Lake: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh....php?p=3610920
sufue is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-13-2017, 09:15 AM   #1007
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kobo Glo HD, Aura H2O, Mini
Just FYI here are the books I currently have checked out in the Audible Romance package

The Kingdom by Amanda Stevens (will be done today)
Rocky Ride by Vivian Arend
Croc and the Fox by Eve Langlais
Freakn Out by Eve Langlais
Nightbred by Lynn Viehl
Shelter Mountain by Robyn Carr
Fatal Consequences by Marie Force
Moon's Fury by C.T. Adams

None of these audio books are at the libraries I participate with (FLP and BLP) I am so excited to finally be able to complete the CT Adams series, listen to the Virgin River series, and finish the Vivian Arend series! Also the Graveyard Queen books, those aren't even romance, I was delighted to find several of them in the package.

Books I already finished

Fatal Justice by Marie Force
Dark Secret by Christine Feehan
Virgin River by Robyn Carr

So it's easy for me to justify keeping this package for years to come, as long as they don't pull a Scribd and yank all the titles in my WL!
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 06:04 PM   #1008
rgeorg
Guru
rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3/3G(2x), Glo HD, Amazon Voyage
Thank you for the KU/Audible info!
rgeorg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 04:08 AM   #1009
library addict
Grand Sorcerer
library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS650, Kobo Mini, Nexus 7 2
Can I just say how much I DISLIKE the way Vellum adds so much junk formatting. Such a pain to fix and more and more self-pubbed authors are using it lately
library addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 05:40 AM   #1010
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Aura H2O, Aura HD, Nexus 7 HD, iPad Air
Quote:
Originally Posted by library addict View Post
Can I just say how much I DISLIKE the way Vellum adds so much junk formatting. Such a pain to fix and more and more self-pubbed authors are using it lately
You mean you don't love the code that Vellum uses for scene breaks?
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 06:26 AM   #1011
library addict
Grand Sorcerer
library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
You mean you don't love the code that Vellum uses for scene breaks?
No, I didn't even notice that really. I'm talking about all the extra "span" coding, like for the last word of every sentence/paragraph, having dropcap letters on the copyright page, etc. They never used to be so clunky.
Old 11-14-2017, 12:10 PM   #1012
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, 2 Kindle Fire HDs, Nexus 7, 3 Phablets
Okay what's Vellum?

Sent from my XT1528
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 02:53 PM   #1013
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, HDX 8.9, AuraHD, NookHD+, Kindle 2,3,T, Opus, iPhone 6, +
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
Okay what's Vellum?

Sent from my XT1528
https://vellum.pub/
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 03:48 PM   #1014
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by library addict View Post
No, I didn't even notice that really. I'm talking about all the extra "span" coding, like for the last word of every sentence/paragraph, having dropcap letters on the copyright page, etc. They never used to be so clunky.
I take it you are referring to the last words with potential runt, last word before potential runt, last word, etc. spans? While a bit ridiculous, they don't seem to have much effect on the reading experience. What my wife runs into with the scenebreaks is losing chunks of paragraphs when reading using the RMSDK renderer. The ACCESS renderer is happier with the scenebreaks but has done some odd bits for the last word/runts spans. *

I have a set of saved search/replaces for Sigil that takes care of her issues so only takes about 3 minutes to clean the book but it shouldn't be necessary.

* For those who aren't familiar with some of the oddities of the Kobo ereaders. Except for the original Kobo/Kobo WiFi, they use two epub renderers. Adobe's RMSDK for epub2 and compatibility with Adobe's ADEPT DRM and ACCESS's Netfront BookReader EPUB edition/Kobo WebKit for epub3 ebooks using Kobo's proprietary DRM. When sideloading, a .epub extension uses RMSDK while a .kepub.epub uses ACCESS/Kobo WebKit. In theory, a .fxl.kepub.epub extension would work for a fixed layout epub3 ebook but I've never tested that feature.
Old 11-14-2017, 06:05 PM   #1015
library addict
Grand Sorcerer

Yes, that coding. It's easy enough to remove, but a pain to do so. Also if the book has Drop Caps, I have to change the css for it as it sometimes does something wonky after scene breaks (maybe connected) where the first letter appears super tiny instead of big. I use the Bookari app on my tablet, but there have been some strange rendering in ADE on my PC as well.

This all just started within the past month or so. I have older Vellum books which were fine.
Old 11-14-2017, 08:16 PM   #1016
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kobo Glo HD, Aura H2O, Mini
I don't know if it was this thread or another, but someone wanted to know the results of "skip to the good part" in the Audible Romance Package. So, I don't see any sign of an option to do that in the Android Audible app I am using. I don't even see a mention of it on Audible. So I am unable to test it.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 10:58 PM   #1017
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

We lost another author today. Harlequin author Sara Craven has passed.

Sent from my Nexus 7
Old 11-16-2017, 05:10 AM   #1018
library addict
Grand Sorcerer

Anyone else having issues with Harlequin My Rewards' Facebook activity? I've always been able to do them even though I am not on Facebook, but today I got a message "You must log in to continue."

I will be bummed if this is the way it's going to be because I will not join Facebook and they so rarely have activities on the main page now that Facebook activities are the only way I've been getting points lately
Old 11-16-2017, 12:43 PM   #1019
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Try a different browser. Facebook does that if it thinks you viewed too many times without logging in.

Sent from my XT1528
Old 11-16-2017, 02:18 PM   #1020
DNSB
Bibliophagist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
Try a different browser. Facebook does that if it thinks you viewed too many times without logging in.

Sent from my XT1528
Another possibility is to remove any Facebook related cookies from your browser.