Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 10-19-2021, 10:48 PM   #1
Rid
Groupie
Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Aura HD (R.I.P.) :(
link to a page and then link back again?

Is it possible to have a link in a page you are reading say "page 1" and when you are on the page you linked to "page 2", have it return to "page 1".
But also when reading a page in the same book say "page 7" with a link to "page 2" and when you are on "page 2", have it return to "page 7"

I guess my questions are;
1. Am i dreaming?
2. Is it possible in an epub?
3. If possible in an epub would the same epub convert to other formats and still work if converted? (kindle, Apple etc)?

Apologizes if this has been mentioned before, I do not know the terminology of what I trying to do when searching and have been going around in circles.

Thanks for any help you can give
Rid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2021, 12:51 AM   #2
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rid View Post
2. Is it possible in an epub?
Yes, but only in epub3 books. For a proof-of-concept epub see this post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rid View Post
3. If possible in an epub would the same epub convert to other formats and still work if converted? (kindle, Apple etc)?
Since Kindles and Kindle apps don't support JavaScript this method wouldn't work.
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2021, 01:10 AM   #3
Rid
Groupie
Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Aura HD (R.I.P.) :(
Awesome thank you!!!

That's weeks of my life I have not wasted
Rid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2021, 10:46 AM   #4
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doitsu View Post
Yes, but only in epub3 books. For a proof-of-concept epub see this post.

Since Kindles and Kindle apps don't support JavaScript this method wouldn't work.
Doits?

What did you understand the poster's question(s) to be? My comprehension of what's written here is simply two-way linking. ???

I've re-read it twice and I don't think I understand the part you've seen that requires js? What did I miss?

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2021, 11:05 AM   #5
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitch View Post
What did you understand the poster's question(s) to be? My comprehension of what's written here is simply two-way linking. ???
Of course, I might be wrong, but I don't think that anybody would ask for advice about two-way linking.

I think that the OP wanted the following:

"page 1" => "page 2" => "page 1"
"page 7" => "page 2" => "page 7"

I.e., both "page 1" and "page 7" should have links to "page 2," but when visited from "page 7" the back link should take the reader back to "page 7."
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2021, 12:34 PM   #6
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doitsu View Post
Of course, I might be wrong, but I don't think that anybody would ask for advice about two-way linking.

I think that the OP wanted the following:

"page 1" => "page 2" => "page 1"
"page 7" => "page 2" => "page 7"

I.e., both "page 1" and "page 7" should have links to "page 2," but when visited from "page 7" the back link should take the reader back to "page 7."
AHAHAH. Okay, yes, I see. Yes, don't we ALL wish that we had the programmatic equivalent of "back"? I wish I did.

OTOH, are there any devices left, anywhere--even the K2 had this--that don't have BACK?

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote