Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 09-23-2021, 06:47 AM   #16
bpbiszkopt
bpbiszkopt began at the beginning.

Device: Inkpad3
I'm also using cover with magnetic cover and it works ok.
But I'm using old firmware from 2019 5.20.1010
bpbiszkopt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2021, 07:41 AM   #17
VladimirS
Connoisseur
VladimirS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VladimirS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VladimirS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VladimirS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VladimirS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VladimirS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VladimirS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VladimirS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VladimirS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VladimirS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VladimirS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook InkPad 3
I read here on Pocketbook forum, that some number of Pocketbook devices (all models included in analysis), as high as 5 percent, have some kind of hardware problem that requires tehnician in service
to repair it, or replace it with completely new device.

Return rates for other eink devices (brands) are probably smaller, if their customer service is honest and does not hide potential problems with some particular brand.

@joepie
I did not know that Inkpad 3 has some kind of sensors to distinguish between closed and opened cover...
VladimirS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2021, 01:54 PM   #18
joepie
Zealot
joepie got an A in P-Chem.joepie got an A in P-Chem.joepie got an A in P-Chem.joepie got an A in P-Chem.joepie got an A in P-Chem.joepie got an A in P-Chem.joepie got an A in P-Chem.joepie got an A in P-Chem.joepie got an A in P-Chem.joepie got an A in P-Chem.joepie got an A in P-Chem.

Device: Inkpad 3 -> Onyx Boox Nova 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by VladimirS View Post
I read here on Pocketbook forum, that some number of Pocketbook devices (all models included in analysis), as high as 5 percent, have some kind of hardware problem that requires tehnician in service
to repair it, or replace it with completely new device.

Return rates for other eink devices (brands) are probably smaller, if their customer service is honest and does not hide potential problems with some particular brand.

@joepie
I did not know that Inkpad 3 has some kind of sensors to distinguish between closed and opened cover...
Thanks for the inquiry about the return rates. Unfortunately, there are also other strange problems, like the my firsttime ereader Pocketbook 302, that missed some kind of UV-filter in the screen and in full sunlight, some of the black pixels wouldn't turn black when turning the page. So the text was kind of malformed. Not unreadable but quite ugly. That was in some of the batches, and I was a lucky winner of the bad ones .

I think there is something wrong with quality control if a brand accepts 5% returns. Some brands don't take the quality as serious as others.
I'd just rather venture to try other brands and see if my luck is better. I tend to stick with the brands that last like for always. More expensive to invest initially, but far wiser in the long run.

Anyways, my Inkpad 3 just started to misbehave after working fine for two days. It's time for me to move on.

Bye Pocketbook, and thanks forum friends for sticking around and maybe see you in other subfora. I will miss the good parts of Pocketbook including the community, but I will certainly not miss any of the problems.

Last edited by joepie; 09-24-2021 at 02:28 PM.
joepie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
inkpad 3 issue battery