Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 12-16-2020, 03:51 AM   #16
Reaty
Reaty makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneReaty makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneReaty makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneReaty makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneReaty makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneReaty makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneReaty makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneReaty makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneReaty makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneReaty makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneReaty makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplane

Device: PocketBook Touch Lux 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by nhedgehog View Post
Not sure if this is a bug or a feature:
If no author is defined in a book PB Collection Manager adds as author:
Автор Неисвестен (Author Unknown)
Oh, yes, I forgot about this. I should probably make this optional.
Reaty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2020, 10:58 PM   #17
algernonramone
algernonramone began at the beginning.

Device: None
I have tested this out on my Inkpad 3, and it seems to work well. Is there anyway it can be used to set or edit arbitrary metadata in the Inkpad's database? When I copy DJVUs from Calibre to my Inkpad 3, it doesn't set items like author correctly. Would this software be able to do this at some point?
algernonramone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2020, 11:32 PM   #18
Reaty
Reaty makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneReaty makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneReaty makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneReaty makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneReaty makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneReaty makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneReaty makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneReaty makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneReaty makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneReaty makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneReaty makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplane

Quote:
Originally Posted by algernonramone View Post
I have tested this out on my Inkpad 3, and it seems to work well. Is there anyway it can be used to set or edit arbitrary metadata in the Inkpad's database? When I copy DJVUs from Calibre to my Inkpad 3, it doesn't set items like author correctly. Would this software be able to do this at some point?
It's technically possible, and I may add the ability to change some other metadata later. Meanwhile you can try to edit database with some SQLite editor.
Old 01-24-2021, 03:00 PM   #19
brudigia
Evangelist
brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPAD AirPro M1 12.9, Kindle Scribe, Kobo Elipsa, iPhone XV
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaty View Post
It's technically possible, and I may add the ability to change some other metadata later. Meanwhile you can try to edit database with some SQLite editor.
Thank you for the tool. I had trouble using the touch screen interface, and this solved the problem.
A bit rough on the interface, but it does the job, that’s what matters.
Thank you again!
brudigia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2021, 11:25 AM   #20
Platypux
Platypux began at the beginning.

Device: Sony prs-600
Hi, I no longer have a Windows PC but I'd like to know how to access collections on my PB and save it locally with a simple file explorer (on Android) . The PB Cloud sync with my Touch HD3 went wrong but I have a safe copy on my inkpad x that doesn't use PB Cloud. So I want to copy the collections files from it and back to my HD3 manually. So far I haven't found any information on where these files are and what their names are. TIA
Platypux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2021, 12:45 PM   #21
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PB 902, PRS-T1, PB 623, PB 840, PB 633
I don't think you can do what you want. Information about ebooks is kept in binary database files on the device. You can't really copy a database file from one device to another. What you need is to update your HD3's database with the correct information as you load the ebooks. Maybe calibre would help make that easier. Otherwise, you'll need to just add the new ebooks, and group them by hand into collections via the Library tab (yes, it would be a pain if you are adding a lot of ebooks), or use the app provided at the start of this thread.
rkomar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2021, 01:48 PM   #22
Platypux

PB Cloud killed my Touch HD3 by freezing before applying the changes. I've had to completely cut it off, restore it to factory settings, and now I only have Dropbox and the PB sync email to upload new books. The Android app has become useless and, again, I don't have a PC, only an Android tablet.
Old 07-29-2021, 03:09 PM   #23
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PB 902, PRS-T1, PB 623, PB 840, PB 633
Does your ereader show up as a UMS (USB Mass Storage) device on the Android tablet? If so, you can copy files to it that way.
rkomar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2021, 03:48 PM   #24
Platypux

Yes, I've done that. I've also created a new PB account for the Cloud on all my devices and apps but my saved collections won't be synced.
Old 08-11-2021, 02:49 PM   #25
Banzai222
Banzai222 began at the beginning.

Device: pocketbook
Hi, I have tested it and it was working fine. Now I removed the sd card and uploaded books from calibre to the internal memory but when I start the software (with path main directory) it still show me the books from the memory that have been removed. How can I do a clear new setup ?
Banzai222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2021, 06:38 AM   #26
Reaty

Normally the device should rebuild database automatically after being unplugged from the computer. Maybe reload it before plugging it again and restart the app.
Old 08-31-2021, 05:06 PM   #27
Banzai222
Banzai222 began at the beginning.

Device: pocketbook
Ok I will try . Thank you
Banzai222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2021, 05:11 PM   #28
kh33
kh33 began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 3
Found the link to the tool on this page via a hint at a German forum. The tool works mostly perfect for me to manage my collections on my Inkpad3 after I had to reset the device.
Saved me a lot of time! Love it! Many thanks, Reaty !!!
kh33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2023, 03:52 PM   #29
Squid
Squid began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook Era
This works just fine with my Pocketbook Era
Thanks so much for creating this tool
Squid is offline   Reply With Quote