Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 05-07-2022, 10:03 PM   #16
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
You don't need buttons on both sides for a Libra 2. You just turn it over so the buttons are on the other side and the screen will flip to match.
Rotating the reader every time I switch hands takes me out of the book.
j.p.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2022, 10:03 PM   #17
bookyboy
Addict
bookyboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookyboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookyboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookyboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookyboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookyboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookyboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookyboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookyboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookyboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookyboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by j.p.s View Post
Rotating the reader every time I switch hands takes me out of the book.
This ^^ exactly right.
bookyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-07-2022, 11:25 PM   #18
cgsmom
Addict
cgsmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cgsmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cgsmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cgsmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cgsmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cgsmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cgsmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cgsmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cgsmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cgsmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cgsmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook GL4+, Nook GL4e, Kindle Oasis 3, Kindle PW4, iPhone 14
I love having buttons on both sides of the reader. I also change hands frequently when reading. I have used a Nook for many years. However, I have had it with Barnes and Noble and I really like a reader with a flush screen. I also read on my phone when I am out of the house and I like that Amazon will sync sideloaded books. I loved my Voyage until it died. I bought a paperwhite(10th gen) but I really want buttons and the warm light along with the flush screen. The Oasis is also on sale and I think I will pass on the Glowlight 4.
cgsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2022, 11:46 PM   #19
MGlitch
Wizard
MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Kobo Sage, Kobo Libra 2
I’ve not seen a glowlight 4 in person. I’ve not gone out of my way when I’ve visited my local BN to find one but they’re also not anywhere they’d catch your eye either.

I like that it’s a fairly simple design, however 6 inches is just too small to me after using an 8 inch ereader. Add to this BNs flakey software which isn’t as customizable as Kobo and I’m really not interested.

I’m glad they’re still there making devices I just wish it felt like more than just keeping the pilot light on.
MGlitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2022, 04:12 AM   #20
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Musicman View Post
Barnes and Noble has a sale on their Nook GlowLight 4..

https://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/noo...=9780594149293
I actually held one of these a couple weeks ago. Seemed well built. I was just curious as I have no need for yet another eReader, but with this one they can't complain about big bezels.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-08-2022, 04:14 AM   #21
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodWallop View Post
I still haven't seen one in person. Maybe I'll try going in to the store next week and see if they have any display models.
The didn't have them on display at the store I went to. I had to ask about it and they got it from behind the main counter. (Don't ask me why they no longer display them. I have no idea.)
Old 05-08-2022, 04:17 AM   #22
rcentros
eReader Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgsmom View Post
I love having buttons on both sides of the reader. I also change hands frequently when reading. I have used a Nook for many years. However, I have had it with Barnes and Noble and I really like a reader with a flush screen. I also read on my phone when I am out of the house and I like that Amazon will sync sideloaded books. I loved my Voyage until it died. I bought a paperwhite(10th gen) but I really want buttons and the warm light along with the flush screen. The Oasis is also on sale and I think I will pass on the Glowlight 4.
I'm curious what the one that was found on the FCC two or three months ago will be like. I'm guessing it's a replacement for the Nook Plus (7.8") but the few specs I've seen don't seem to bear that out.
Old 05-08-2022, 04:20 AM   #23
rcentros
eReader Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodWallop View Post
Last time I went to the store, they had a Glowlight 3 and a Glowlight Plus on display at the service desk. They just hadn't added a Glowlight 4.
Same here, but they've taken those away at our local stores. They've got them stored behind the main counter — and you have to ask to see them.
Old 05-08-2022, 04:28 AM   #24
rcentros
eReader Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Doesn't matter how good the hardware is if the software is so bad. The huge bezels is a bad hardware design. So really, the hardware is meh! and the software is worse.
The "huge bezel" shtik won't work with the Glowlight 4. You'll have to come up with something new. I actually like the "huge" bezels on my Glowlight 3, but you won't find them on the Glowlight 4.
Old 05-08-2022, 04:29 AM   #25
rcentros
eReader Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by bookyboy View Post
It's a feature! -- especially in a world where every other option seems to be inching towards "all screen, no edge" models
Agreed. The Glowlight 4 has gone much smaller.
Old 05-08-2022, 11:53 AM   #26
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcentros View Post
The "huge bezel" shtik won't work with the Glowlight 4. You'll have to come up with something new.
Have you been here long? There is no new shtick forthcoming. All of his Nook opinions are based on the decade+ old Nook Simple Touch.

Nook could release a reader with negative bezels where you had to reach inside the screen to turn pages and he'd still be claiming the Nook has huge bezels.
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2022, 12:11 PM   #27
bookyboy
Addict
bookyboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookyboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookyboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookyboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookyboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookyboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookyboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookyboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookyboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookyboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookyboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcentros View Post
I'm curious what the one that was found on the FCC two or three months ago will be like. I'm guessing it's a replacement for the Nook Plus (7.8") but the few specs I've seen don't seem to bear that out.
Did anybody post anything about that here?

You have peaked my interest
Old 05-08-2022, 01:56 PM   #28
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by bookyboy View Post
Did anybody post anything about that here?

You have peaked my interest
There was a thread titled New Nook Clears the FCC which has the FCC reference and some wild eyed guesses as to why B&N is introducing what would appear to be another 6" ereader.

Hopefully that will satisfy your piqued interest.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2022, 02:00 PM   #29
bookyboy
Addict

Thank you
Old 05-08-2022, 02:27 PM   #30
sufue
lost in my e-reader...
sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Sony T1, Nook ST Glowlight, Galaxy Tab 7 Plus
Whereas I go the other way, and wish someone would make a smaller screen e-reader that is easy to tuck in a pocket or tiny bag. I'd love to see an updated version of the 5-inch screen Kobo mini, just with some sort of lighting - I'd take any kind of lighting. But heck, it's even hard to find a phone with a 5-inch screen these days...sigh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MGlitch View Post
I’ve not seen a glowlight 4 in person. I’ve not gone out of my way when I’ve visited my local BN to find one but they’re also not anywhere they’d catch your eye either.

I like that it’s a fairly simple design, however 6 inches is just too small to me after using an 8 inch ereader. Add to this BNs flakey software which isn’t as customizable as Kobo and I’m really not interested.

I’m glad they’re still there making devices I just wish it felt like more than just keeping the pilot light on.
sufue is offline   Reply With Quote